Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:55:57 PM EDT
I am ready to pull the trigger on a A3 Upper with Flashhider.  I know they are legal to a certain extent, but what conditions do I need to meet?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're doing a fixed mag version, the flash hider is OK.

If you're going the no-pistol grip version with detachable mag, then flash hider is a no-no (as would be a telescoping stock, forward pistol grip)
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you know if flashhiders are removable?  or are they welded?  i am asking because i just bought a model 1 with flashhider and i was hoping they might allow detachable mags in the future.  if so i have to get rid of the flashider.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do you know if flashhiders are removable?  or are they welded?  i am asking because i just bought a model 1 with flashhider and i was hoping they might allow detachable mags in the future.  if so i have to get rid of the flashider.

If I'm reading that correctly when you mean "allow detachable mags in the future" I assume you mean the DOJ adding that receiver to the banned list, you registering it as an assault weapon, in which case you don't need to worry about it having a detachable magazine and FH. If it's a registered AW, it can have all the evil stuff you want (unless the legislature makes a new category of assault weapons)
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It usually depends on where you got it from, and what length the barrel is. Most of the time, if you got a 16" or longer barrel, the company leaves the flash hider removable. But sometimes, when you order the 14.5" barrels that have a flash hider to make the 16" legal requirement, you will see them permanently attach the flash hider.  

You could remove the flash hider, and everything will be OK. Just make sure to get something to protect the threads on the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the great answers.  I wish everyone could answer as through and as fast as you guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top