Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 9:27:51 PM EDT
Well, not "Old Faces" but the old crew... no wait... not OLD crew...

...Ah SCREW IT... You know what I mean!!!

Paul, PaDanby, Neo, MallNinja..WHERE WERE YOU GUYS????  

Next shoot you BETTER be there!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately, I cant get the pics up... Im trying... PLEASE STAND BY.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
A nice drive up...

A few old faces...

Lovely targets...

I'll get to the videos later...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit man, I wanted to be there but I was basically snowed in (as I warned you I probably would be in the IMs I sent you which you never responded to). I even lost my truck to the ice on the way home from work on Saturday (not to mention I was sick). I will try to go the next time we run into each other (along with a handful of new toys I should be getting later this week), but this one I just couldn't make.

I wish I had though, seeing some of the toys that were there.

ETA: Holy shit, I'm glad I wasn't there now, I already have enough medical bills.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Shit man, I wanted to be there but I was basically snowed in (as I warned you I probably would be in the IMs I sent you which you never responded to). I even lost my truck to the ice on the way home from work on Saturday (not to mention I was sick). I will try to go the next time we run into each other (along with a handful of new toys I should be getting later this week), but this one I just couldn't make.

I wish I had though, seeing some of the toys that were there.

ETA: Holy shit, I'm glad I wasn't there now, I already have enough medical bills.

i2.tinypic.com/rcj4vl.jpg

Ugh I HATE that pic.

Hey, no one got hit with the clays this time... just cut my finger as I was loading the LAST thing on my truck as I left. DAMN! NEVER FAILS!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Better your finger from the truck than your head from a ricochet.

We should all pitch in like $20 and just get a real electronic clay thrower.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, why do you guys have to hold the first shoot in months right around finals? Shitload of papers and exams lined up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#7]
wow beautiful scenery....I used to take photos around the area in Spring because it was such a good scenery.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, nothing like seeing how beautiful nature is and then blasting the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yeah, nothing like seeing how beautiful nature is and then blasting the hell out of it.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Man, why do you guys have to hold the first shoot in months right around finals? Shitload of papers and exams lined up.

Yes we all sat around and said:

"Should we take the weather in consideration?" Nah!
"Should we take the day of the week in consideration?" Nah!
"Should we take the location in consideration?" Nah!
"Should we take the lunar calender in consideration?" Nah!
"Should we take Mall Ninja's exams in consideration?" HELL YEA!!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes we all sat around and said:

"Should we take the weather in consideration?" Nah!
"Should we take the day of the week in consideration?" Nah!
"Should we take the location in consideration?" Nah!
"Should we take the lunar calender in consideration?" Nah!
"Should we take Mall Ninja's exams in consideration?" HELL YEA!!!!

That was awfully nice of you guys...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Better your finger from the truck than your head from a ricochet.

We should all pitch in like $20 and just get a real electronic clay thrower.....

WHY? Im getting better....
.... sort...... of....
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Ugg boots on a man violation.  

Were can I get one of those handheld clay throwers (and are they any good)?  I've come up empty at Turners and I've only seen them online.  My father and I left his good one (sweet old school hand thrower with all kinds of springs and ratchets and stuff) out in Wisconsin...even though I reminded him not to forget it out there so we could practice before we head back in October.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:29:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Walmart has them for pretty cheap, like $15-20. If you've ever used a machete against larger brush for any period of time you should be able to get the sweeping/snapping motion down fairly easily. Some people seem to have trouble with it, and I won't lie I'm not great with it, but for the price it does a pretty good job.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
you should be able to get the sweeping/snapping motion down fairly easily. Some people seem to have trouble with it

As Neo can testify, I'm pretty damn good at driving the clays into the ground 5' ahead or 90 degrees off into oblivion...

I think I got mine for ten bucks or something at Turners.

And glad to see you guys made it out there despite the imminent weather warnings!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Still waiting for my invite...

tk
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Still waiting for my invite...

tk

tk IM me your e-mail addy. send out an invite.....

meat

ETA: definetly a fun day, great to see ya'll again.....until next time......

there's video's??????????????
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like you had fun. Let me know next time and I'll come out with my 38 and 10/22.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Sweet, looks like yall had a great time.

I am downloading one of those "action" pics.......

I really need to get some range time in....
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Glad to see you guys still doing it.  I was just coming over here to ask why you guys stopped, as the last few times I checked there were no tacked "shoot" announcements.  Good shit.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
WHERE WERE YOU GUYS????  

I'm in Germany but I'll be there for the next one. Just don't schedule it on the first weekend of the month.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WHERE WERE YOU GUYS????  

I'm in Germany but I'll be there for the next one. Just don't schedule it on the first weekend of the month.

OH PLEASE!!! Ive heard of some excuses but that one is LAME!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Glad to see you guys still doing it.  I was just coming over here to ask why you guys stopped, as the last few times I checked there were no tacked "shoot" announcements.  Good shit.  

Cheers

moe,

we started up again , but it will not be an open invite out.
we just started up again this month.
The reason why we stopped was, too many people to watch out for etc....
we're doing these shoots with the original burro shooters we have got to know and have shot with and we're all comfortable with eachother.
The burro shoots will not be announced publicly or set up as an open invite anymore.
but if you're ever back in town IM me and i'll let ya know when the next one gonna be held.

meat
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Working.  I was supposed to have the day off but got called in.

You should be able to find the hand traps at most sporting goods stores.  Agreed the old mechanical ones are better, but these aren't too bad.  I'm pretty sure I still have one of the old ones around, but the rubber pieces had dried out and crumbled off.    I'll see if I can fix the darn thing.

The plastic ones are pretty good most of the time.  (You just need to find an operator that isn't confused by all the moving parts.)  

I'm going to see if I can make a better mount for that mechanical trap of mine, that will hold it steadier. Probably bold it to a an old spare tire and wheel, maybe concrete in a wheel only.   It's one of those $30 wonders from Wal-Mart and need some extensive fixing to get it too work the first time.  But for $30, I thought I'ld give it a shot, so to speak.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheers

moe,

we started up again , but it will not be an open invite out.
we just started up again this month.
The reason why we stopped was, too many people to watch out for etc....
we're doing these shoots with the original burro shooters we have got to know and have shot with and we're all comfortable with eachother.
The burro shoots will not be announced publicly or set up as an open invite anymore.
but if you're ever back in town IM me and i'll let ya know when the next one gonna be held.

meat

MEAT!

Thanks pal.  Yeah that's a tough call.  I guess it can get to be trying dealing with lots of new, or the occasional [Glock .40]"professional"[/Glock .40], shooters in a crowd.  Are they still working on that construction across the way there?  

Cheers

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey did you know we have our own Tom Knapp?

WalMart special with his clay throwing display....  NIIIIIICE!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top