Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 12:22:29 AM EDT
It is faster to ask to my Brother Arfcommers...

If/When you all get your Lowers added, given the 90 day thing...

Is it legal for me to drive down and give my dad and brother (Sorry Paul, and Neoweird, I would hook you up to, but you just are not tarded enough to be in my family gene pool) lowers as gifts from a family member?...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:39:40 AM EDT
[#1]
all I have to say to that is this:

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=26040

Back to the topic at hand, I would probably assume that the owner of the receiver must have it BEFORE the ban/90 day registration period, so you would need to give it to them now for it to be legal. Of course, how are they ever going to know whether you gave it to them tonight or in ten years...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
all I have to say to that is this:

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=26040

Back to the topic at hand, I would probably assume that the owner of the receiver must have it BEFORE the ban/90 day registration period, so you would need to give it to them now for it to be legal. Of course, how are they ever going to know whether you gave it to them tonight or in ten years...

Neoweird

Now back to the topic at hand...

They are only a 19 hour drive away for me, So I think I could get them down there in time if I had to.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#3]
When you receive the assault weapon registration you'll have to fill one out with there name on it as well that way there registered on the doj as Assault Weapon owners. If there on the registration form then you can pass it on to them if there not registered then your shit out of luck "o" and they must be atleast 18 at the time of the Registration process.
   the same goes for if you don't want your "A.W." sold out of state when you die. You must register a wife,child,father,or brother with those weapons as well so that they can remain in CA. legaly after your death.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the same goes for if you don't want your "A.W." sold out of state when you die. You must register a wife,child,father,or brother with those weapons as well so that they can remain in CA. legaly after your death.

My fiancee got upset when I asked her if I could co-register her name on my rifles
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My fiancee got upset when I asked her if I could co-register her name on my rifles  my name on her rifles

That's what you mean, right?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've got six ready to be registered already

4 80% lowers
1 Fulton Armory
1 CMMG lower

Never had a doubt in my mind.

Im wondering...

Lets say I out of the blue say I dont like it here and want to move back to Cali some day...

Can I register a couple lowers even if Im no longer a resident of the  State?....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top