Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
thumbhole stock = pistol grip in their eyes
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#5]
you know....it just might be.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe if FN paints it in rainbow colors or pastel they will let it slide.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:05:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Silly me! My late night musings and positive thoughts become bedraggled and haggerd by the time the reach California time.

Anyway, thats "teh suck."
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:07:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Maybe if FN paints it in rainbow colors or pastel they will let it slide.

You may be on to something there.  If the gun manufacturers started marketing firearms as anti gay bashing devices then it would be much more difficult to ban.

hehehehehe
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#9]
It comes with a donut hole grip, so yeah, it will probably work in Commifornia.  Ugly as hell though, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Are donought-hole and thumbhole synonamous?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
i believe there is also a law in california that makes it illegal to have a gun that is colored to look like a toy. so there goes the pink gay refinish.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes, they are the same thing.  Otherwise us crazy Calfornians would be running around the law with thumbhole stocks like this one.

Seriously, there's not much way around the Cali law without a FAB or a similarly neutered gun.  The assholes did a good job of killing any loopholes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, they are the same thing.  Otherwise us crazy Calfornians would be running around the law with thumbhole stocks like this one.

www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/282.jpg

Seriously, there's not much way around the Cali law without a FAB or a similarly neutered gun.  The assholes did a good job of killing any loopholes.

Yep, we're pretty much stuck with only M1A type rifles for semis.  There would be a big market out here for anybody interested in making a mean looking, AR mag taking, quality semiautomatic rifle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, we're pretty much stuck with only M1A type rifles for semis.  There would be a big market out here for anybody interested in making a mean looking, AR mag taking, quality semiautomatic rifle.

isn't that SU-16, or whatever it's called,designe to take ar mags?

(the gun that folds in half)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#15]
you know they are making a special one for us that shoots 6mm plastic bbs..............................
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

isn't that SU-16, or whatever it's called,designe to take ar mags?

(the gun that folds in half)

Yes, that is here, but that's why I added in "quality".  Seriously, I've never used one, but I haven't heard the best reviews about them.  Maybe I'm wrong though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#17]
If IW as in cali I'd get this:

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Su-16 review

I bought mine after reading this review.  I love it, you CA guys might too...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
www.remingtonle.com/images/rifles/m7615.jpg

I've begun seeing those alongside the SU-16s at my local shop.  Haven't heard much about them long term yet, though.  I still don't understand why they didn't just make it semi-auto though.  It's not like they had to make it a pumper to comply.  I expect it was mostly aimed at ultra PC PDs that wouldn't allow ARs or semi-auto but still wanted something with some reach out and touch someone apeal.

EDIT: Ah, seems that Remy is doing their 'police only' deal with the 7615 just like they do with the cooler 870 shottys.  It's not even listed on their 'citizen approved' website.  Fucking hate that game.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've begun seeing those alongside the SU-16s at my local shop.  Haven't heard much about them long term yet, though.  I still don't understand why they didn't just make it semi-auto though.  It's not like they had to make it a pumper to comply.  I expect it was mostly aimed at ultra PC PDs that wouldn't allow ARs or semi-auto but still wanted something with some reach out and touch someone apeal.

EDIT: Ah, seems that Remy is doing their 'police only' deal with the 7615 just like they do with the cooler 870 shottys.  It's not even listed on their 'citizen approved' website.  Fucking hate that game.  

they could make them semi auto but sooner or later, CA WILL BAN the su-16, FAB 10 etc.  You know it, I know it, the gibernator knows it.  The pump gun is almsot ban proof.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was under the impression that traditional thumb-holes won't work becasue they still portrude below the buttstock.

I think either someone has to post the text of the law of I will just have to look it up.
I hate to believe you. But I know you are probably right.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT TRUE!!!! My local shop has one on the wall right now. I just can't see any reason to buy the thing tho. For the price I can buy a decent AR. Also check the magwells in them, they are WAY tight with a USGI mag!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Seriously? or is it like the PSS and 870 Police Magnum that aren't MARKETED to citizens, but you can still buy them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#25]
978.20 Definitions

The following definitions apply to terms used in the identification of assault weapons pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:
 (a) "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine.  

(b) "flash suppressor" means any device designed, intended, or that functions to perceptibly reduce or redirect muzzle flash from the shooter's field of vision.  

(c) "forward pistol grip" means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp forward of the trigger.  

(d) "pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon" means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing.  

(e) "thumbhole stock" means a stock with a hole that allows the thumb of the trigger hand to penetrate into or through the stock while firing.
 NOTE:  Authority cited: Section 12276.5(i), Penal Code. Reference: Sections 12276.1, 12280, and 12285, Penal Code.

Damn!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn!

Did you just learn something?

More like blissfully forgot something.
Sucks for you guys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously? or is it like the PSS and 870 Police Magnum that aren't MARKETED to citizens, but you can still buy them.

Exactly the same thing.  Not marketed to civis.  Remmy has no problem selling them to the underclass but they're not going to market to you.  I love how ammo makers do that too.  It's hard to find Ranger SXT.  All I can ever find is Supreme.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT TRUE!!!! My local shop has one on the wall right now. I just can't see any reason to buy the thing tho. For the price I can buy a decent AR. Also check the magwells in them, they are WAY tight with a USGI mag!

Nope, I have Labelle, Colt and other mags that drop free in my SU.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Paul needs a second post count just for the posts he's done that has his collection in them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sucks for you guys.

Sort of ...

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=150

Course we weren't all of age when the Fed or CA awbs were passed.    I was still legally chasing underage poonany back then.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#33]
i got a FAL (Neutered when it has to be) im thinking of picking up a semi auto 1919a4 and getting a tripod also decentigrating links can be a best friend.  can still get some cool firarms just have to pay the money for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top