Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 5:29:42 PM EDT
I was watching the portion about the New Orleans flood, and was curious when they were interviewing the mayor of NO, why did they never show a head shot of him?
Everytime the camera would cut him off at just above the eyebrows. Then pan back to the reporter, and give the reporter the full head shot.  Then edit back to the mayor, and cut him off just above the eyebrows.
Its  at this time I started to notice, that his face was unshaven, and he looked like he had been up for days.  Then when you could see the parts of his head that were on the camera, you could see that his head was clean shaven.
Is he trying to act like he to has no facilities, and he is just one of the poor citizens of NO.  Is CBS co-conspirator with him in this?  What do you think, am I just a conspiracy theorist?

Also, Why did the mayor not have a plan in place for moving all those people into the dome?  Where is his culpability in all this?
I hope other big city mayors think twice about their actions from this horrific event.
And I wish everyone would quit crying about big daddy Government not taking care of them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
And I wish everyone would quit crying about big daddy Government not taking care of them.

Tell me about it. It pisses me off when I see the people acting like it is everyone's responsability to take care of them. Don't get me wrong, we need to help, but to have the gaul to chant "Help us now!" over and over or to get angry and yell at the Red Cross for bringing water and not food, and then take the water because you need it is down right scum like.

I didn't see the show, but maybe it was a multiple camera interview, and the camera man was holding the camera above his head to get a shot over the other reporters and he just wasn't aiming very well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The mayor was advised to EVACUATE the city in ADVANCE. His response was to bus people to the Superdome INSTEAD of out of the city.

If the downstairs of my home catches fire, you can bet that I won’t evacuate my family to the upstairs floor.

Hopefully accountability will come home to roost and expose the idiot.

F’n knucklehead.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I didn't see the show, but maybe it was a multiple camera interview, and the camera man was holding the camera above his head to get a shot over the other reporters and he just wasn't aiming very well.

This was a one on one interview.
I don't know why I notice stoopid stuff llike this, but it just seems to bug me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#4]
On the radio they were talking about how Bush encouraged him 3 days prior to request federal aid, something about the state has the power and must request aid before it can be given. He refused because it sounded too much like martial law. Now he is blamming Bush for not giving them aid fast enough.

What a douche.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#5]
So what else is new? Everything is Geo. Bushes Jr's fault.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top