Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 4:04:21 AM EDT
Burglar Shot By South L.A. Woman Dies At Hospital

Aug 24, 2005 10:08 pm US/Pacific
LOS ANGELES (AP) A 15-year-old boy who was shot during a burglary has died.

Authorities aren't releasing his name.

Police say a 59-year-old woman returned to her South Los Angeles home Tuesday morning after a walk and was confronted by a boy wielding a tire iron.

She shot him with a handgun she keeps for protection. He died today at a hospital.

The woman wasn't hurt. The district attorney's office will determine if the woman will face any charges.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:35:31 AM EDT
[#1]
that last sentence is disturbing.
Your faced with someone tresspasssing, and wanting to physically harm you, possibly kill you, you have the uper hand, and take actionn, and now the DA will determine ifthey need to press charges.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#2]

The woman wasn't hurt. The district attorney's office will determine if the woman, based on rioting and community opinion, will face any charges.

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:36:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a bad feeling about this one
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Since this is in South LA, there are other mitigating factors, the primary being race.  If both parties are black, then the case will be dismissed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Since this is in South LA, there are other mitigating factors, the primary being race.  If both parties are black, then the case will be dismissed.

But if the perp is black and the woman is Latino or Korean, there will be rioting
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
As long as she remembers she had the gun at the house and wasn't carrying it she won't face any charges.

If she was carrying it illegally before she got back to the house, that may catch some charges, but not shooting him in the house, or the balls or the chest.  Besides once she lawyers up, and just says "I shot him in my house."  she's home free.  How you going to prove to an OJ jury that she was carrying outside the ouse without any witnesses?  (OK probably 25% or more of the folks around there carry but can you prove it?)

BTW, don't  take a tire iron to a gunfight.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

After such a shooting shut the hell up until you get a lawyer.

Excellent advice, not that any of us are ever going t o be in this  situation, but still excellent advice
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder what the kid that was burglarizing would do to the women if she didn't have her trusty 'Bang-pop' toy with her.....hummm........anybody hear the america's most wanted theme song?......honestly I really think that the lady did fear for her life.  the burglar was just a kid and she obviously knows that but what made her pull the trigger was probably what saved her....It's understandable to terminate an adult burglar if danger is present but it's shocking to see a burglar and it being a kid and the kid making threats/attempting to hurt/kill another person.  imagine how volent that kid may be as an adult
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:56:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I wonder what the kid that was burglarizing would do to the women if she didn't have her trusty 'Bang-pop' toy with her.....hummm........anybody hear the america's most wanted theme song?......honestly I really think that the lady did fear for her life.  the burglar was just a kid and she obviously knows that but what made her pull the trigger was probably what saved her....It's understandable to terminate an adult burglar if danger is present but it's shocking to see a burglar and it being a kid and the kid making threats/attempting to hurt/kill another person.  imagine how volent that kid may be as an adult

Agreed,
Lets just hope the DA sees it as instant justice, and brings no charges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top