Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 11:12:37 PM EDT
Anyone in southern California who's seriously into skeet or trap shooting?

I know nothing about the competitive side of it, but I'm interested in learning.

Where do you compete at?

How good is everyone?

What in general can you tell me about it?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone in southern California who's seriously into skeet or trap shooting?

I know nothing about the competitive side of it, but I'm interested in learning.

Where do you compete at?

How good is everyone?

What in general can you tell me about it?

bro, prado olympic shooting park off the 71 freeway and euclid has a killer skeet shooting range, i personnaly don't shoot skeeet but went there a couple of times to sight in my aimpoint.

meat
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I shoot both ATA and NSSA shoots fairly regularly, and will be shooting even more after I complete my move. I shoot at Edwards AFB Rod and Gun club, and have shot at Palmdale's Fin and Feather as well as at Kingsburg.

Both trap and skeet are different animals, best advice if you are interested is to go to a club, introduce yourself and most trap and skeet shooters will be glad to let you shoot with them, and even use their shotguns (many which run from several thousand dollars to tens of thousands in dollars in cost) and offer advice as well as teach you the rules of the game. Skeet to me is much more of a challenge, and I am very partial to 28 and 410 gauge now.

www.shootata.com/atahome.cfm

www.nssa-nsca.com/

It's as addicting as Black Rifle Fever. I can type out a lot of things--is there something specific you wanted to know about?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
meat: sweeet, thanks, ima look that place up right now.

mike: awesome. good to know there's at least one other person interested in competitive skeet shooting. I've been shooting skeet recreationally since I was a kid, and I love it. I guess i'm just looking to shake stuff up a little.

specifically I was looking for ranges where they actually hold competitions, and where people go to practice. I searched google, and really couldn't find anything. I knew that there had to be some associations out there. You and meat gave me heads up on a few ranges, so now at least i've got some direction.

thanks for the info.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top