Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:13:33 AM EDT
a friend is thinking of getting 1 and asked me about it. But i can't realy say anything about a weapon i know nothing about!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#1]
He may want to check out rimfirecentral.com.  I'm pretty sure the people there seem well versed in anything .22
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He may want to check out rimfirecentral.com.  I'm pretty sure the people there seem well versed in anything .22

Yet another new site to visit

I like mine if it's ever returned from SW.

P22 quote of the day:

Did you know that if you use the key operated safety/lock on the side of the P22 and then click the hammer of the gun to half cock the gun locks itself and becomes a paperweight? I know now. With the gun in half cock the lock can not be turned back to the "fire" position and the hammer can't be dropped to free it. I call this the "Catch P22". The gun can not be dissassembled either. Thats some safety that makes the gun never fire again. Take my word for it and do not try and and duplicate my dillema.

I called Walther and they said the gun was designed to do this. Sounds like a bit of BS to me. They said it would have to be returned to the service department where they have a special tool to free up the gun. This will be the second time I have to sent the gun back for service.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe the topic of this thread is about G22 the bullpup rifle, not P22 the pistol, so your worry about the slide operation is a non-issue for G22. However that's still good information, make me think twice before buying a P22.

As for the G22, I have handle one but never shoot one. Trigger travel seems to be kind of far. It's fix sight is kind of a joke. Since there is already utility rail on the tip of the "carry handle", spend the money to buy a red-dot sight, makes your life much happier with this little rifle. Balance is okay; it's butt heavy but once you put it on shoulder then everything works fine. One of my co-worker is going to pick one up. I will try that and give out a more detail report.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top