Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 11:21:37 AM EDT
Before anyone post quick back and says no. Please read the link below the talks about the legality of the Saiga rifle.
calgunlaws.com/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1&categories=Assault%20Weapons%20-%20general#30
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#1]
 Well according to them only the ones stamped Izhmash Saiga imported by E.A.A. are legal.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah and those are the ones the EAA sales. Now if they are legal and I'm sure it would be hard to find a transfer dealer with enough balls to do it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#3]
its still illegal, the importer and manufacturer isnt going to make that big of difference. the model "Saiga rifle" is illegal no matter who imports it or makes it.

we would have better luck getting it legal here by changing the name.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#4]
All the FN FAL rifles are illegal by name but the Imbel FAL rifles are legal. Even though they both have the same name.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope that you are right and that you can find an FFL who will do it. Let me know if you do!

The link that you posted is a little confusing. I have only seen a few Saiga rifles in CA. They were all marked as follows:

Left  forward side of the receiver in large bold letters "SAIGA 7.62" with smaller print "7.62x39" directly underneath.   Further back on the left side is "MADE IN RUSSIA BY IZHMASH".

Right forward side of the receiver "KALASHNIKOV - USA" with "Pt St Lucie, Fl. USA" directly underneath.

Nowhere is mentioned EAA.

Does it have to say EAA somewhere? It is clearly marked made by Izhmash. And imported by Kalashnikov USA.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yeah and those are the ones the EAA sales. Now if they are legal and I'm sure it would be hard to find a transfer dealer with enough balls to do it.

The Firearm:

The original AK plant and the office of Kalashnikov is in the Izhmash factory in Izhevsk Russia. The Izhmash factory manufactures a sporting version of the world famous AK and they call it "SAIGA". There are some changes such as:

Hunting stock / forend

Standard capacity magazines

Wide range of calibers or gauges

Sporting sighting system

No. California "assault weapon" law is divided into three separate categories. Category 1 and 2 assault weapons must be explicitly listed in order for them to be prohibited under California law as an "assault weapon." Category 3 "assault weapons" are defined by possessing combination of features. The E.E.A. Saiga 7.62x39 is neither identified on the list, nor does it possess the features required to be a Category 3 "assault weapon."

got a link to these rifles for sale
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top