Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 3:30:16 PM EDT
Somewhere in here I thought I read a posting before, that I can register a pre-ban AR-15 if the weapon is caliber 22LR, that is with a conversion kit.  

Was I dreaming, or was there any possible truth to the above statment.  Any suggestion, comments or recommendations please.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I would doubt you'd be ale to do that.  The rifle was originally manufactured an dsold as an AR-15, no?  You simply put a drop in conversion kit into the otherwise centerfire upper, right?  Not gonna fly and you know it.

DPMS makes some pump action 22's that look like AR's.  They are not called AR-15's.  The rifle is sold as a pump action rimfire, so the lower receiver should be known as a rimfire receiver to its manufacturer.  Has anyone tried to legally obtain one of THOSE in California?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Following the letter of the law, you could get a post-ban receiver and dedicate it to .22 rimfire.  DOJ will not allow this since they are blocking the import of legal non-listed receivers.  You could build a lower, again questionable with DOJ.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw one in a gunshop about 3 years ago, I think it was a Bushmaster that was .22lr  but it was forsale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top