Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 5:15:21 PM EDT
I'm getting close to purchasing a rifle from a dealer in Oklahoma and wanted to know if you guys have a good,honest FFL to handle a transfer for me without a huge fee.If this person is cool I will probably have him do more transfers for me in the near future.I'm in Ontario Ca just 34 miles East of LA.I would use a regular gun shop but they want a ridiculous amout of money for the transfer,so I would rather help the little guy than the usual gun-shop pricks.They always say "just what you see pal"or "why do you want that"?Thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Rich, I have FFL in Riverside. 60 frwy east exit mission blvd, make a right at the top of the ramp, go down about 4 blocks. On the left side. BrightSpot Pawn. The guy to talk to is Chris Jenkins. He only charges $30. That includes the DROS fee that goes to the state. Phone is 909-360-1796 M-F 10-7 Sat 10-5
On long guns he allows you to go in before he receives it to fill out the DROS and start the ten day wait. Let me know how it goes if you use him.
Mike
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Mike,thanks for the info on that I really appreciate it.I will try him soon if this deal goes threw,still bargaining on the price.Thanks again....Rich
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Well,got my deal finalized and going to start the paper work with your FFL recommendation.Chris is a totally cool guy and looking forward to doing business with.My 1919A4 Belt-fed is on the way!!Thanks a bunch Mike and your welcome to shoot it anytime.Rich
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:06:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Whoaa, 1919A4 Belt-fed? I thought we here in the not-so-great state fo California couldn't have those? Details please....
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:09:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, it's been like 3 minutes and I'm still waiting.......

Anyone have a 1919 for sale?.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to www.1919a4.com  There is always a couple for sale over there.  Just find a dealer to do the transfer.  And yes, they are still legal here.  I for one am building my own so I don't have to deal with all the paper work.  Also, ARM USA in Anaheim sells them.  Their website is www.50bmgstore.com
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Mark thanks for the info, my dealer is the same as "realwars" so tranfer is no problem. I understand you can get the kit direct but doesn't the side plate need to be transfered? Or not because it's not milled completely? Who did you get your kit from and how was the condition?
thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#8]
100% sideplates transfer as a normal firearm.  80% plates only need some holes drilled and maybe a little bit of fitting.  I got my kit from Sarco about 9 months ago and it was in good condition with a very good barrel.  Bead blast and a park job and it'll look like new.  You'll still need to have your internal parts machined and buy a trigger and sear.  I'm making my own RSP so I just need to buy a trigger and sear.  TAPCO has kits on sale right now for $299.  IMA was the same price but I read that there are alot of bad parts.  Not sure about Tapcos.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Damm!I had this deal totally finalized with the guy who has the 1919A4 and I just found out that he sold it to another guy!I so pissed right now,He accepted my offer of what he was asking right after he lowered his price again!He sold it to a guy that was asking alot of questions.I figured I would just buy it first then ask questions later.Oh well back to looking for another one.These things sell very fast and are getting rarer by the minute.I would like to build one but I'm not confident in doing it by myself.I saw on 1919A4.com that people host build parties and would be intrested in building one with other people looking into building there own also.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#10]
That fucking sucks when someone backs out on a deal like that.  Good luck in finding another one.  I just finished the profile on two sideplates I'm building.  Next is the raised portion and the slots and then drill some holes.  Maybe I'll finally get this thing done someday, I'm tired of looking at parts laying around!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#11]
AHHHHH!I Just bought a brand new 1919A4 from Rapid Fire.Yaaa my first 1919A4!Now I need to find the dreaded M2 tripod that everyone is having a hard time finding.I will let you guys know how this belt-fed critter looks like when I pick it up.I can't wait to take it out for a run!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top