Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2022 10:14:04 PM EDT
Yeah I’m a Floridian. Staying at Hyatt Regency. Looking for good food and drink and stuff to do.  Nothing gun related as I’ve bought too much already
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the catfish, frog leg and gator platter at the Linger lodge for lunch and then take the tour of the Ringling mansion.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the catfish, frog leg and gator platter at the Linger lodge for lunch and then take the tour of the Ringling mansion.
View Quote

Love me some gator but I'm over frog legs.  Eaten enough for a lifetime.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep but I would add
1. go fuck with the gators and/or wild hogs at Myakka.
2. Watch the dirty hippies and damn tourists dance at the drum circle on Siesta Key beach Sunday evening.
3. Lots of beach bars have live music in the evening, pick one and hope for a good musician.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
In the next town up in Bradenton there's a cool little microbrewery called 3 keys.
Great burgers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely check out Ringling Mansion. I wasn't big on the circus museum part.
I really enjoyed the art museum part, and the Mansion. Art back to the 1600's in the art museum. I'd like to go there again.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Going here tonight. https://www.rodiziogrill.com/ pricey, but damned good food.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Rodizio was pretty good last time i went (2 years ago). Be sure to try mirnas for great Cuban, Charlie's steak and hoagie for an amazing sandwich at lunchtime, and luna in Venice for great lasagna in a cool restaurant. Walts on 41 also has great seafood but it gets super busy. Starfish seafood in Cortez is a really small old Florida type of place. Starfish and luna are cash only and both 30 to 40 minutes from the Hyatt.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Gaucho had jokes tonight. Comes up to the table, fried armadillo, fresh off 75.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top