Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2022 9:39:31 PM EDT
Why are 27million Floridians always excluded from being able to enter sponsored give aways? What law do we Need to change?. I want to enter a moose hunt give away and I can't win it as a Florida reaident.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Why are 27million Floridians always excluded from being able to enter sponsored give aways? What law do we Need to change?. I want to enter a moose hunt give away and I can't win it as a Florida reaident.
View Quote

Interesting...
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#2]
FL has stringent laws on them because of so many scams.
Game promotions offering prizes totaling more than $5,000 must file with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) seven days prior to commencement of the game promotion. Even game promotions based in other states must be filed if they are conducted in Florida and/or are open to Florida residents and have prizes valued at more than $5,000.
View Quote
View Quote
In addition, a surety bond or statement of trust is required from the operator unless they have conducted game promotions in Florida for at least five consecutive years and they have had no civil, criminal or administrative actions instituted against them for a violation of Section 849.094, Florida Statutes (F.S.), during that five-year period. This protects consumers who participate by ensuring compensation if the game operator is unable to award prizes offered in the promotion.
View Quote
https://www.fdacs.gov/Business-Services/Game-Promotions-Sweepstakes
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't shop extended auto warranties out of State either, unless something has changed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Think it had to do with all the old folks getting scammed
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Think it had to do with all the old folks getting scammed
View Quote
I believe there was also a case of a business having lots of submissions, but never called a winner.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#6]
And the end reauly is all these promotions say F FL. Good job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top