Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2021 10:53:02 PM EDT
Prefer outdoor range but beggars cannot be choosy.  Volusia Top Gun seems like a nice range for indoor.  Robert Strickland nice outdoor but no full auto.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Voluisa gun club, member only & $$
Flagler gun club, member only not too expensive
Don't bother with strickland county range.  Typical draconian range rules. No FA anyway.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Voluisa gun club, member only & $$
Flagler gun club, member only not too expensive
Don't bother with strickland county range.  Typical draconian range rules. No FA anyway.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
You can shoot at Volusia Gun Club on Mondays and Wednesdays if you aren't a member. $25/day.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can shoot at Volusia Gun Club on Mondays and Wednesdays if you aren't a member. $25/day.
View Quote

What are you shooting???

Check the rules at the Volusia Gun Club as I believe they recently changed.
Previously members could rent their own bay but then they built a range dedicated for guests to leave the bays opened for members.
Wouldn't be as much fun shooting there in the guest area as being able to run and gun with a full auto in your own bay unless its something like a 1919.

Also for any Class III I believe you are supposed to show them your paperwork upon entry.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah ok. I didn't see that. I'm a member but I've never been there on a Monday or Wednesday. The only change I was notified of so far was that they are going to charge $25/person for guests next year instead of $15/person.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Check with Cow Creek Shooting Range in Edgewater.

386-423-1728
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Check with Cow Creek Shooting Range in Edgewater.

386-423-1728
View Quote

Do they allow full auto?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:55:02 AM EDT
[#8]
If you don't mind the drive, check out this range.

Members only and the range is opened from sunrise to sunset.
Even though its further away, it opens early enough to get there, shoot and get home with most of the day left.
They do allow full auto on their "plinking" range which has 2 berms. One at 45 feet and the other at 100 feet.

From their web site....

9.2.6 The Plinking Range is the ONLY Range where Class III fully automatic fire, short barrel rifles (SBR) and suppressors are permitted, however, Class III firearms will not be allowed on Public Day until 2:00 pm.

The Volusia Gun Club range doesn't allow shooting until 9am, but is definitely closer.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't know if it is relevant but there was some class 3 stuff being fired at the range in Ocala NF range by Juniper springs these last couple of days.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't know if it is relevant but there was some class 3 stuff being fired at the range in Ocala NF range by Juniper springs these last couple of days.
View Quote

Have not shot there but reading the reviews it appears class 3 not allowed even though people shoot it.  I guess it is not manned by any staff?
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What are you shooting???

Check the rules at the Volusia Gun Club as I believe they recently changed.
Previously members could rent their own bay but then they built a range dedicated for guests to leave the bays opened for members.
Wouldn't be as much fun shooting there in the guest area as being able to run and gun with a full auto in your own bay unless its something like a 1919.

Also for any Class III I believe you are supposed to show them your paperwork upon entry.
View Quote

Volusia Gun Club RSO here.

The restrictions for non-members are they can't use the SIG Training bay, steel challenge or action steel bays, the shoot house bay, range 17 or the 900 yard range. The "dedicated range" has been converted to a pistol-only steel bay. The rest of the bays are available for use.

Right now the fee is $15.00 and that gets you the use of a bay for the whole day, unless you leave. If you do leave, let the duty RSO know you're coming back so you don't get charged again.

The range does require paperwork for class 3.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Volusia Gun Club RSO here.

The restrictions for non-members are they can't use the SIG Training bay, steel challenge or action steel bays, the shoot house bay, range 17 or the 900 yard range. The "dedicated range" has been converted to a pistol-only steel bay. The rest of the bays are available for use.

Right now the fee is $15.00 and that gets you the use of a bay for the whole day, unless you leave. If you do leave, let the duty RSO know you're coming back so you don't get charged again.

The range does require paperwork for class 3.
View Quote

I thought it was only $15 if you went as a guest with a member (increasing to $25 next year). But already $25 if you went to an open-range day as a non-member? I've also seen signs at the steel challenge bays, etc. that have pricing listed for members and non-members. I've only been there a handful of times so far since joining. But I must say it is pretty confusing as to what members can do, what is an extra fee, and where you can shoot what. The range rules on the website and that I signed already seem to be pretty outdated.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I thought it was only $15 if you went as a guest with a member (increasing to $25 next year). But already $25 if you went to an open-range day as a non-member? I've also seen signs at the steel challenge bays, etc. that have pricing listed for members and non-members. I've only been there a handful of times so far since joining. But I must say it is pretty confusing as to what members can do, what is an extra fee, and where you can shoot what. The range rules on the website and that I signed already seem to be pretty outdated.
View Quote

You are correct- it is in fact $25. I fat fingered the fee for non-members.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#15]
[quote]Quoted:

Even though its further away, it opens early enough to get there, shoot and get home with most of the day left.
They do allow full auto on their "plinking" range which has 2 berms. One at 45 feet and the other at 100 feet.

From their web site....

9.2.6 The Plinking Range is the ONLY Range where Class III fully automatic fire, short barrel rifles (SBR) and suppressors are permitted, however, Class III firearms will not be allowed on Public Day until 2:00 pm.

Seminole county range is great.  No RSO and the members are great.  Normally only 1-3 other people there and many times I shoot alone.

We meet most sundays and shoot full auto.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[quote]Quoted:

From their web site....

Seminole county range is great.  No RSO and the members are great.  Normally only 1-3 other people there and many times I shoot alone.

View Quote

Sounds like my kind of range.  May have to take a drive down.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 1:12:33 AM EDT
[#17]
It’s member only so you can’t just visit.  Have to have a member bring you as a guest or show up to public day and check it out for free.

Membership is cheap.  Check out the site.

No full auto while the free public day attendees are there.  1st Sunday of every month. 9am -12
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 5:31:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me know the next date/time (and which ammo to bring) and I'll be there.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#19]
If you want to drive to St. Augustine, I'm a member at the FOP range.  24/7 access, full auto at any time.  No paperwork checks, multiple berms.  It's great.

I haven't shot in a while, but when I do it's there.  And I have a few MGs.

Just give me a heads up a few days in advance and we might be able to coordinate something.  I have to be there with you, but there aren't any fees.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you want to drive to St. Augustine, I'm a member at the FOP range.  24/7 access, full auto at any time.  No paperwork checks, multiple berms.  It's great.

I haven't shot in a while, but when I do it's there.  And I have a few MGs.

Just give me a heads up a few days in advance and we might be able to coordinate something.  I have to be there with you, but there aren't any fees.
View Quote

OK sir, thanks.  I will let you know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top