Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2021 9:01:53 PM EDT
Any experience with the jtac classes?  Reviews for the range seem good, just wanted to check in here too.  There’s a long range 101 class coming up.  Any idea why the intro class is $300 but the more advanced classes are about half the price?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#1]

View Quote
My guess is that beginners to long range are sometimes like toddlers.  You have to show them how to setup their own equipment and then how to use it.

And sometimes when they show up with a 16" homebuilt AR15 that falls apart because their gunsmith didn't even torque the barrel on you end up needing to let them use one of the "company" guns.

Usually at advance courses people know what they're doing (mostly) and you're fine tuning their abilities with mirage/wind reading and positional shooting rather than explaining why 55g steel case plinking ammo won't work for 1200 yard shots.

But that's just a guess.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My guess is that beginners to long range are sometimes like toddlers.  You have to show them how to setup their own equipment and then how to use it.

And sometimes when they show up with a 16" homebuilt AR15 that falls apart because their gunsmith didn't even torque the barrel on you end up needing to let them use one of the "company" guns.

Usually at advance courses people know what they're doing (mostly) and you're fine tuning their abilities with mirage/wind reading and positional shooting rather than explaining why 55g steel case plinking ammo won't work for 1200 yard shots.

But that's just a guess.
View Quote

your post is funny, and true.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey op. I don't have any input on the class but do plan on taking it when things cool down.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The JTAC range is awesome. I cannot speak to the training. But I know these long range classes are good...they are in Okeechobee and Volusia.

https://floridafirearmstraining.com/precision-rifle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top