Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2021 8:35:33 PM EDT
No see-ums right at dark near the coast.
I cant seem to find anything that works well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:32:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I just tie a picture of my mother-in-law around my neck. No issues even in the deepest of swamps. just saying...

Try Avon skin so soft bug spray. It's what we use when bass fishing in Mexico. Those no see ums can be bad and its the only thing that seems to work.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Just ignore the bugs.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm pretty sure most bug sprays attract No-See-Ums.  

Skin so soft does help, so does Thermocell.  I'm trying to figure out what to do for my back yard (on a canal).  I was thinking flame thrower but I bet that is even temporary.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just ignore the bugs.
View Quote

Well 30 years ago hunting near the green swamp the mosquitos wanted to carry me away!
Tried the skin so soft lotion with no luck.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Sawyer Picaridin spray.  Doesn’t have nasty DEET in it and it also won’t damage any of your gear that it comes into contact with.  Works well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:54:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sawyer Picaridin spray.  Doesn’t have nasty DEET in it and it also won’t damage any of your gear that it comes into contact with.  Works well.
View Quote

Thanks Ill give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks Ill give it a try.
View Quote

No problem.  The fact that it doesn’t harm your gear is certainly a plus for outdoorsmen and no DEET is also a good thing.  They sell this in either a manual pump form or aerosol cans.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Skin so soft does help, so does Thermocell.  I'm trying to figure out what to do for my back yard (on a canal).  I was thinking flame thrower but I bet that is even temporary.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I just tie a picture of my mother-in-law around my neck. No issues even in the deepest of swamps. just saying...

Try Avon skin so soft bug spray. It's what we use when bass fishing in Mexico. Those no see ums can be bad and its the only thing that seems to work.

Quoted:

Oh hell no!
I dunno what you call them, but those flying potato bugs all over the Everglades are attracted to Skin so soft, and better still, they stick to it! Bleecchh!
I'll stick with the highest concentration, most poisonous DEET having shit I can get.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh hell no!
I dunno what you call them, but those flying potato bugs all over the Everglades are attracted to Skin so soft, and better still, they stick to it! Bleecchh!
I'll stick with the highest concentration, most poisonous DEET having * I can get.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh hell no!
I'll stick with the highest concentration, most poisonous DEET having * I can get.

You aren't gonna care if it has deet or not once you start getting swarmed. You WILL care if it works or not.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Deep Woods 40% ... I keep cans of this stuff handy at all times in the mud room, the garage, my office, all the bathrooms, the cars and trucks .... you get the idea.

Also Mosquito Magnet Defender and Thermacell to knock them down in the summer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I mix 3oz of this stuff with water in a spray bottle.

That's like 16 times more potent than the overpriced canned sprays you see everywhere. RK,TS and your local feed store usually stock it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Just go Cracker.................drink straight out sulphur water, untreated.   Best if it smells like you shit in your hand and slapped it in your face..     Worse it smells, better off you are..........................................now I know there're those of you that doubt me, but when I first came to Florida over 60 years past I marveled at how the natives I started hunting with seemed impervious to the skeeters.............and I truly believe it has some effect.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Permethrin kicks ass at killing the bastards, picardin for repelling them. Deet destroys nylon. Feezing temps work great but I don't think that is available down here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top