Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Martin County Beaches closed last night.

MARTIN COUNTY TO CLOSE COUNTY-OWNED BEACHES AT SUNSET SUNDAY, MARCH 22
To protect the health and well-being of residents and visitors, Martin County will be closing all county-owned beaches to public access until further notice. This does not apply to property owners, residents and visitors at beachfront properties, who may access the beach via private access. The beach closure will go into effect at sunset Sunday, March 22. The closure includes Sand Dune Cafe at Jensen Beach.

Martin County, in partnership with our local law enforcement agencies, made every effort to keep beaches open for residents and visitors to enjoy, requesting that beachgoers continue exercising good hygiene practices as recommended by the CDC and Florida Department of Health, park in designated parking areas and adhere to social distancing guidelines.

However, on Sunday, March 22, county beaches were crowded, creating health hazards, and vehicles were parked outside of designated spaces, creating hazardous conditions for pedestrian and vehicular traffic. Due to the public's refusal to adhere to social distancing guidelines, the county has made the decision to close public access to county-owned beaches for everyone's safety.

Visit www.martin.fl.us/Coronavirus, Martin County’s online resource for information related to COVID-19.

Don't follow Kings law, no beach for you. Waiting for the to close the Sandbar next.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#2]
In Broward.
Told last night not to come in to work today due to local non-essential mandate.
This was issued last week, but not many followed, included our shop.
Don't know what changed my employers mind.

Scored some steaks yesterday at Aldi...YAY!
BFC
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#3]
And now, good people, Florida Carry reports that Madame Freid of our vaunted Ag. Dept. has suspended the issuance or re issuance of CCW licenses...............................And all along you thought it was a 'right'!
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Word around the office (and apparently all ovee local news though I haven't personally checked) is that the mayor of Tampa is meeting with folks from Hillsborough to discuss shutting the city down. I may finally get sent home (thankfully I can work remote at least). Downtown traffic and garage occupancy is already way down from usual (can we keep this part after the plague goes away?) so i think my company is one of the last holdouts in our building. I'll mostly be glad to be home rather than stuck in the heart of the city if people start getting restless around here...
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I just heard on the radio there is a petition going to get the governor to shut the entire state down. Shelter in place for everyone. Fucking crazy shit at this stage in the game. It should be done by county if their numbers get bad.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And now, good people, Florida Carry reports that Madame Freid of our vaunted Ag. Dept. has suspended the issuance or re issuance of CCW licenses...............................And all along you thought it was a 'right'!
View Quote

I have no problem with shutting down the Ag. Dept. to keep people safe.  But, DeSantis should issue an EO that everyone can CC until 30 days after it reopens.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 3:48:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I think shutting things down was a huge mistake. People should have been advised that if you are in the danger demographic (age, health issues) don’t go out. Gov should have issued an EO regarding employment and termination; If you do not feel safe or comfortable going to work, you don’t have to, and they cannot terminate you. Basically, be smart, use some judgement.

I’m still baffled that you can go to Lowes/HD, continence store, Publix, etc. But a bar is somehow going to kill you. The curbside togo  thing doesn’t seem to be work out terribly well here, I don’t see a lot of it going on. Shit, why pay all that money for something that will be cold by the time you get it home.

I can tell you that everyone I know is getting bored, like stir crazy bored. One of my friends had two days off and actually begged his boss to come into work, said he would work for free lol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:30:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm still baffled that you can go to Lowes/HD, continence store, Publix, etc. But a bar is somehow going to kill you. The curbside togo  thing doesn't seem to be work out terribly well here, I don't see a lot of it going on. Shit, why pay all that money for something that will be cold by the time you get it home.
View Quote
I was at Publix this afternoon and there was a guy in the next line asking the same thing. The lines were all full and he asked, "How is this different from a bar or restaurant?" It's just stupid feel-good theatrics like the TSA.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 6:22:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Just the other day I went a little north into Georgia. Went to visit someone and we went to get some pizza expecting to have to order out and eat it in the car. There was like 8 people eating inside. I ate inside too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Pinellas County just enacted a shelter-in-place measure, effective 11:27am today.  I read it, it's indefinite in duration.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Shoot straight Tampa has cut hours and the range is closed. Even at noon on a Thursday they had a line out the door and guarded by an employee to get in the store. Unsure about conditions inside but it was a goddamn madhouse as of a week ago.

Anyone know where I can still shoot a rifle around the bay area? Tenoroc maybe? Recently got some of that 8M3 x39 and need to make sure my AR and SKS don't hate it like my AK did.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Shoot straight Tampa has cut hours and the range is closed. Even at noon on a Thursday they had a line out the door and guarded by an employee to get in the store. Unsure about conditions inside but it was a goddamn madhouse as of a week ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mad Dog Armory in Seminole has become "pickup your online order by appointment" only.

Anyone know where I can still shoot a rifle around the bay area? Tenoroc maybe? Recently got some of that 8M3 x39 and need to make sure my AR and SKS don't hate it like my AK did.

Wyoming Antelope Club is closed for two weeks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Manatee county just closed all the boat ramps.
View Quote

What's that supposed to accomplish....
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What's that supposed to accomplish....
View Quote
Is there a party spot like most places?
Plus FWC has closed most of its shit iirc.( wmas,ramps etc) possibly part of that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Lovely
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I need some time in the woods every 2 or 4 days. For sanity.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#21]
These local mayors are trying to outdo each other with this stupidity,  Miami dade and Broward counties now requiring face mask in all business was asked to leave autozone because I had no mask, when will the robberies start since everyone is walking around with gloves and face coverings.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My barber shop is closed.
View Quote
Everything has been closed here in Hillsborough County for a few weeks already. I'm going to come out of this looking homeless
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Everything has been closed here in Hillsborough County for a few weeks already. I'm going to come out of this looking homeless
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My barber shop is closed.

Next time I take my dog to Petco to get her nails trimmed, I am considering slipping the dog groomer $30 to give my hair a trim.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I can give a pretty good #1 Army cut.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Wifey needs a haircut and a dye job.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Next time I take my dog to Petco to get her nails trimmed, I am considering slipping the dog groomer $30 to give my hair a trim.
View Quote
That'd be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Ramps here in Broward are closed.
Unless, you are a commercial fisherman.

I am in an ocean dependent business.
I know quite a few that have bought the basic commercial license just so they can launch.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#30]
My co-worker who lives at the beach said the cops are still patrolling like it's a war zone. She's super pissed that they just moved their at the end of the year and now they can't enjoy what they paid a premium for.

The insanity and disregard of our civil liberties is off the charts.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#31]
I saw that the Timucuan Preserve is "closed," but I have heard that the Spanish Pond trailhead (and trails) are open except that the parking lot is closed. Anyone in NE Florida confirm?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My co-worker who lives at the beach said the cops are still patrolling like it's a war zone. She's super pissed that they just moved their at the end of the year and now they can't enjoy what they paid a premium for.

View Quote

Its like that in Broward/Dade.  Atv's, tent gazebo stations, and even free sammiches from Jimmy Johns for LE.  Must keep the peasants away.  I shore dive a lot and know the area.  I know of a chink in the amor.  Kite surfers have launched here.  Not sure its worth the citation though.  I have heard its $160. Dunno for sure.

Meanwhile, if you are connected, have fun..

BS story here
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#33]
DeSantis needs to show some spine, get off his ass, and at least put forth some sort of plan to re-open business. So far, he looks like a dolt.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
DeSantis needs to show some spine, get off his ass, and at least put forth some sort of plan to re-open business. So far, he looks like a dolt.
View Quote

This week make or brake I say. Had my cattle guy set a fucking golf course up on my property so he and his buddy's could at least  play. Local courses closed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

DeSantis is better than a Democrat but his IQ has got to be lower than mine.

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Its like that in Broward/Dade.  Atv's, tent gazebo stations, and even free sammiches from Jimmy Johns for LE.  Must keep the peasants away.  I shore dive a lot and know the area.  I know of a chink in the amor.  Kite surfers have launched here.  Not sure its worth the citation though.  I have heard its $160. Dunno for sure.

Meanwhile, if you are connected, have fun..

BS story here
View Quote

Ridiculous. Meanwhile I read NY and NJ haven’t bothered to close their state parks, could it be they recognize that people need to go somewhere?

If crowds are concern (less likely now that spring break is over) why not have the same LE that’s keeping people off beaches and out of parks just break up large crowds?

Martin County is now cracking down on those who get commercial fishing licenses but don’t have commercially registered boats or an business license. Is the sheriff really solving any actual exposure problems at the boat ramps with this approach, or just looking to play tyrant while the chance presents itself?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Martin County is now cracking down on those who get commercial fishing licenses but don’t have commercially registered boats or business license
View Quote

FFS!
Splitting hairs, but shouldn't that be FWC?
Either way oppression.

Its a matter of time before they do more detailed checks here.
Meh, just pull the crazy accent no english routine.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I saw that the Timucuan Preserve is "closed," but I have heard that the Spanish Pond trailhead (and trails) are open except that the parking lot is closed. Anyone in NE Florida confirm?
View Quote
Interesting. It's a Natl park so I'd expect it all to be closed. I love the Teddy Roosevelt area and hike it a lot but I never go in at Spanish Pond. According to NPS it's on a park-by-park basis, but their site does say "Timucuan Preserve will be closed to all park visitors until further notice." I don't see anything about SP. Maybe I can take a run out there this week.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:02:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This week make or brake I say. Had my cattle guy set a fucking golf course up on my property so he and his buddy's could at least  play. Local courses closed.
View Quote

Ours are open. The private ones at least.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:03:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

DeSantis is better than a Democrat but his IQ has got to be lower than mine.

View Quote

I agree... But, my point is that he needs to put forth a plan to the people, does not have to go into effect at a certain date, but, um, Gov, let us know what your plan is. A good GOP candidate could beat him in 2yrs, hell maybe even a Dem, he looks pretty weak imho. His numbers aren’t so good.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:12:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Walton residents are suing about the beach. I don’t think some of the people in County gov’t understand the law. My GF shares a house out at the beach, we went behind her place and the cops rolled by and told us to beat it (they were nice). She showed her ID with addy and I showed them the law, they repeated that we needed to leave. Funny thing is, in Naples FL, they told the people who lived on the beach that it was okay to go on the beach, just stay in front of your house, and don’t go in the water (Obviously officials who understand the law.)
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Most folks don't realize that the majority of beaches in Florida are privately owned.  The public has a right to use up to the high water line.  Some in government understand they have no Constitutional right to order people off their own property, hence the reason some jurisdictions are allowing ocean front property owners and their guests on the beach.  Other jurisdictions don't give a shit about people's rights.  Mike Huckabee, and his neighbors have currently filed suit in Federal court over this.  I believe the case is scheduled to be heard today.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top