Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2020 12:14:32 PM EDT
Haven’t been to the fair in over 10 years, is concealed carry ok there? What’s security like?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife went and said Metal detectors at the entrance and bag searched. Their rules say “illegal” firearms not allowed, but with a ccw you’re not carrying an “illegal” firearm but it’s Palm Beach so I would bet that means no carry.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife went and said Metal detectors at the entrance and bag searched. Their rules say “illegal” firearms not allowed, but with a ccw you’re not carrying an “illegal” firearm but it’s Palm Beach so I would bet that means no carry.
View Quote
This was settled a few years back when the rules were "NO guns" .

To comply with the state law they were forced to change their rules to "NO ILLEGAL guns"; and your CCW isn't an illegal gun.

You can carry at the fair.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's public fairgrounds, ask for a deputy. Show him your CCW, get admitted.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Late to the party (fair ended yesterday), but figured I’d share my experiences if anyone’s curious for next year.

We go every year and for the last 4 at least I’ve carried. I too subscribe to the idea that no “illegal” weapons are allowed and my CCW is legal. Also my understanding is there is precedent with the Florida STATE Fairgrounds trying to restrict carry and failing as it was deemed public property.

My personal experience is I go through the metal detector, it buzzes, then security wands me (usually avoiding wanding my 4 o’clock where I carry) and sends me on my way. This year the lady even made a friendly but big production of having me show her my belt buckle and wanding it to demonstrate that was why the detector was going off! It’s almost like they know I’m carrying but want to put on the security show. Anyhow, never been hassled beyond that, this year I thought the deputy watching security would call me over but he didn’t bother, maybe cause I was with the wife and kiddo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top