Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2020 10:57:36 AM EDT
PLACEHOLDER FOR SERIAL INFO/PICS
Sometime Wednesday 1/22 in Ocala my sister and BIL’s house was broken into and 5 guns were stolen.
Top of the list is:

Colt Trooper T coated Green and Black

Kimber Ultra Elite Two Tone

Kimber Custom

Ruger EC9S

Ruger 77-22 bolt action
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, that sucks. Were they for home defense that they were unsecured, or did a locked container get taken?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]
That sucks.,  I always consider Ocala to be a safe place.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That sucks.,  I always consider Ocala to be a safe place.
View Quote
shit happens everywhere...
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
No safe sucks they got stolen
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, that sucks. Were they for home defense that they were unsecured, or did a locked container get taken?
View Quote
They were the HD guns my BIL keeps out. The safe thank God was locked. The Ruger was his EDC along with the Kimbers for rotation. The Colt is making him sick.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No safe sucks they got stolen
View Quote
No, he has a safe with everything else locked up, these were EDC, HD guns.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They were the HD guns my BIL keeps out. The safe thank God was locked. The Ruger was his EDC along with the Kimbers for rotation. The Colt is making him sick.
View Quote
That is what I was figuring when I posted above. HD stuff out is a risk we take. I have often thought about hideaway type places for the HD stuff.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That is what I was figuring when I posted above. HD stuff out is a risk we take. I have often thought about hideaway type places for the HD stuff.
View Quote
Yeah, kinda have to take that risk. It would’ve been mitigated had they had a few cameras and or an alarm system. They’ve had the house for about 30 yrs and this is the first time anything has happened, we all know how that goes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I know the feeling well.  I lost 7 guns out of my trunk in daylight hours about seven years ago at the Burger King I-295 and 301 interchange near JAX.  I parked in the rear of the lot in a single space to protect my doors from dents and ended up losing guns instead.  I suspect one of the kitchen workers with a tan had a trunk popper for my car as there were no marks on the car.  I didn't even know it happened until I stopped in SC for the night.  It was a nightmare.  Police reports, ATF, Insurance company... Insurance covered the loss and one pistol was recovered and was returned by police once the DA was done with it (was used as evidence in a shooting).  I did okay with the claim as two of the guns taken had appreciated quite a bit and I used the money to increase the collection.  However, I rather would have not had the experience...interstate no less.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Keep my guns in the dirty clothes basket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top