Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I have about a foot of water in my house and rising, but everyone is safe and it could always be worse. Jax, FL
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pm me if you need help, got a wet front yard and no power, that's it.  Even my leaning oak made it.   Have tools, will travel (all 5 minutes)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Using a Wi-Fi hotspot. 
No power. 
Winds picking up good.
Trees down..part of my fence smashed.
Big tree fell just off site..either neighbor or from mine sounded it is across the road. Can't see.
Had easy 12 inches of water on the east side of my land..house is high dry.

Got maybe 2 hours sleep. 

My wife and kid can sleep through ww3.

Lol.
Pm me if you need help, got a wet front yard and no power, that's it.  Even my leaning oak made it.   Have tools, will travel (all 5 minutes)
It's good.hot the car out..gew dents on the hood. Fence needs work but cleared. 
Now I've got all this hickory....cut up...whsy to do..what to do ....BBQ i see a pork butt soon.  Lol 
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting ready to deploy.

Agency put me on standby. Captain called and asked if my rifle is serviceable. 
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Not that it's any solace, but my power didn't go out.... It was turned off.   Whole town dark.  We made it till 1am Sunday night.   But the town manager confirmed that at that point for some reason fpl shut the rest of NMB off.

Yay.

Generator exceeding my expectations tho.  A Briggs and Stratton ~3500w.  Really over performing and being nice to our gas supply!  I'm guessing we overestimated our wattage usage which is good cause I think I got the last gas in the county today.

So far used about five gallons in 12 hours not bad.   Just prepared the full four for the night.  Just running two fridges and some fans for now.  Might need some Ac time tomorrow as it hits the 90s.  

If power isn't going on by Friday we are outta here.   There's AC and internet on JetBlue, both would be an improvement. :-)

eTa.   Tons of tree damage here in the resi area.   Some roads impassable.  A few intersections totally blocked.   Commercial district is partially back on power but barely.  

The gas rush is gonna be insane.   Port everglades still out and the refineries there maybe have four says of gas in their tank's.  Wow.  My little generator probably needs 18 gallons a day to run a small Ac and 2 fridges and a few lights (we don't run all that don't worry) but extrapolating for most homeowners that doesn't bode well for the region.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:27:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well I have about a foot of water in my house and rising, but everyone is safe and it could always be worse. Jax, FL
View Quote
Where at in Jax?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:19:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally got power back. Cable still isn't up and sprint data sucks. My generator impressed the shit out of me though. It's been powering five of our neighbors and our houses. Went through a little over 15 gallons of gas. They were a little pissed at me though for reminding them every chance I got that we had ac though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Spent all day aftervwinds died down to start sawing trees up.
Only to have work tell us to be in Tuesday.
I get it..i do. But with out power on site we will be doing nothing of real importance beside "comforting " the community. Type bullshit.
(Large apartment community).

Here's the kicker..the insane snowflake mentality of people out there. 

"XYZ is supposed to be luxury apartments yet they don't have power"

That is what is being posted online from our residents.

Here's news...you have no power...

But I'm having to shit in a bucket..shower outside and deal with everything a home owner has to post disaster....

I hate people.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#8]
The power company is getting power restored pretty quick.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Best wishes for you east coasters. I'll take an earthquake any day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Best wishes for you east coasters. I'll take an earthquake any day.
View Quote
Keep that shit away from me. If I wanted that I'd move to PR. Earthquakes and Hurricanes. 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#11]
shit just got too real.

Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Spent all day aftervwinds died down to start sawing trees up.
Only to have work tell us to be in Tuesday.
I get it..i do. But with out power on site we will be doing nothing of real importance beside "comforting " the community. Type bullshit.
(Large apartment community).

Here's the kicker..the insane snowflake mentality of people out there. 

"XYZ is supposed to be luxury apartments yet they don't have power"

That is what is being posted online from our residents.

Here's news...you have no power...

But I'm having to shit in a bucket..shower outside and deal with everything a home owner has to post disaster....

I hate people.
View Quote
That sucks man.  The mentality of some people is out of this world.  Its like the smallest disruption for any reason, even a massive weather event, is not fair to them.  Power, water, sewer, cell phones etc.  I even see people complaining about not getting their mail now.  I hope it all works out for you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got power back in central Palm Beach county.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#15]
We back to normal, Lower Keys got wacked from what little info out there.
FL DOT only inspected some 8 bridges out of 42.
Keynoter said Dept Of Defense saying THEY might Have to Evactuate ALL remaing residents of the Lower Keys.
FEMA Train is a coming.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Keynoter said Dept Of Defense saying THEY might Have to Evactuate ALL remaing residents of the Lower Keys.
FEMA Train is a coming.
View Quote
No sewer and water becomes a real issue after a short while
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FEMA Train is a coming.
Yes it does.

Some of the footage of the Keys I've seen was truly unbelievable.

Really tough to see, I view the Keys as one of the only redeeming features of South East Florida. The locals are by and large some great people as well. Looks like a very long road back for some of them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That sucks man.  The mentality of some people is out of this world.  Its like the smallest disruption for any reason, even a massive weather event, is not fair to them.  Power, water, sewer, cell phones etc.  I even see people complaining about not getting their mail now.  I hope it all works out for you.
View Quote
It's minor inconvenience to us here. In the big scheme.
But it's the attitude of others that is worse than the storm itself.

I've shit in a hole for 10 days..hiked..hunted..stayed dirty..etc for days/weeks .

But ...im with wife and kid doing the same.
So when I hear some spoiled snowflake cry about no power for 24 hours it rubs my baby makers lol .

Oh well....is what it is 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#19]
OH THATS JUST  GREAT
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#20]

IRENE MOTHERFUCKERS

Fort Myers here I come. 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#21]
My wife and I have family and friends that live on Cudjoe and Big Pine Key.  Two of the Cudjoe people rode it out and survived.  One wall of the house is gone, though.  The rest of the Cudjoe people evacuated ahead of Irma's arrival.  The Big Pine people were already out of state when Irma spun up and never made it home, so they're stuck trying to decide what to do.  Someone posted drone video of their neighborhood.  Their house is on stilts, so it survived the storm surge, but the roof looks like piranha were nibbling on it and one large window was definitely blown in by the wind.  Most of the other houses in the subdivision appeared to be in similar shape.

For the most part we're sad at the lost property, but grateful that everyone is alive.  Just seeing the aerial footage from afar, I'm sure there are going to be other families that won't be so lucky.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Where at in Jax?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where at in Jax?
North Jax. Dunn and 295 in the sticks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The power company is getting power restored pretty quick.
View Quote
Indeed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#24]
GODDAMNIT!

I'd completely understand if it was postponed, but I really wish they didn't cancel it all together.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My wife and I have family and friends that live on Cudjoe and Big Pine Key.  Two of the Cudjoe people rode it out and survived.  One wall of the house is gone, though.  The rest of the Cudjoe people evacuated ahead of Irma's arrival.  The Big Pine people were already out of state when Irma spun up and never made it home, so they're stuck trying to decide what to do.  Someone posted drone video of their neighborhood.  Their house is on stilts, so it survived the storm surge, but the roof looks like piranha were nibbling on it and one large window was definitely blown in by the wind.  Most of the other houses in the subdivision appeared to be in similar shape.

For the most part we're sad at the lost property, but grateful that everyone is alive.  Just seeing the aerial footage from afar, I'm sure there are going to be other families that won't be so lucky.
View Quote
My heart goes out for the Piners. Almost bought on No Name several years ago.
Whole area was mandated faulty sewage grinder pumps. Residents fear was flooding pumps.
I fear they are right. Look for local govt to block reentry tll clusterfuck is fixed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#27]
News choppers over head.
Rivers a rising....
In-laws have 3-4 inches before intrusion.
That's a 1/4 away from me.
Our House sits 4 ft up...lower half 20...inches.

Is what it is....

Hopefully my work will tell me it's ok to keep working vs worrying about stupid shit like weather or floods.....lol
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

North Jax. Dunn and 295 in the sticks.
View Quote
Cows or Horses in your yard?

Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Hurricane Irma Duty

Sitting guarding nothing at some empty high school at the moment in Fort Myers. No supplies to keep looters from. Just a bunch of nothing burgers. NG dropped off two soilders and split. Told 'em see you in 12 hours. They have no clue what's going on either. 

We got guys that got deployed to this AO that have it worse off from their own areas. Power and clean water here and some of the guys here have no power or clean water back at their homes. 

Assists need to be re-tasked ASAP to more affected areas. FL did good pre storm wise with prep and and doing alright with recovery but we have areas that are shit and instead of having men and material sent to those areas.... 

Sigh.... 

At least during Matthew we worked with NG to keep patrols up and looters out. Now the NG was running around in full battle rattle with unloaded rifles. 

I moved shit in my squad car to give the guys space and A/C. Shitty situation all around. The two NG were issued 10rds apiece. 
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hurricane Irma Duty

https://i.imgur.com/G3THr6G.jpg

Sitting guarding nothing at some empty high school at the moment in Fort Myers. No supplies to keep looters from. Just a bunch of nothing burgers. NG dropped off two soilders and split. Told 'em see you in 12 hours. They have no clue what's going on either. 

https://i.imgur.com/BOGtFf9.jpg

We got guys that got deployed to this AO that have it worse off from their own areas. Power and clean water here and some of the guys here have no power or clean water back at their homes. 

Assists need to be re-tasked ASAP to more affected areas. FL did good pre storm wise with prep and and doing alright with recovery but we have areas that are shit and instead of having men and material sent to those areas.... 

Sigh.... 

At least during Matthew we worked with NG to keep patrols up and looters out. Now the NG was running around in full battle rattle with unloaded rifles. 

I moved shit in my squad car to give the guys space and A/C. Shitty situation all around. The two NG were issued 10rds apiece. 
View Quote
Holy Fuck,

That sounds like active duty.

You need anything?

Do you want to bring my 2 dozon Gen 2 gen 3 Smith autos?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Can anyone chime in on the damage situation on the west coast north of Tampa?

Crystal River area preferably.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Holy Fuck,

You need anything?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hurricane Irma Duty

https://i.imgur.com/G3THr6G.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BOGtFf9.jpg

Sigh.... 

Holy Fuck,

You need anything?

Yes!

Can I keep them?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Drove through it on the way down last Tuesday at 3am. They had power and things seemed fine from what I saw.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Drove through it on the way down last Tuesday at 3am. They had power and things seemed fine from what I saw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Just got power back last night and cable/internet back today. Work has been hectic.
View Quote
Back to work peasent!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#37]
From lastnight....

Well, they burned through actual MREs and are now handing these out. 

30 of those little meals per box. 24 boxes per pallet. 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Highlands County checking in.

I put about 400 miles (in county) on the war wagon last week.

If any Highlands guys or neighboring counties are still in big trouble, I am still set with resources.

Although - I need a line on 5 gal buckets. Burned through 65.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Took these this afternoon.

Some of the flooding a week after Irma in Bonita Springs, Florida.

You can see the water line on the buildings.

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Currently at a major staging ground and MRE/Water distribution site. We're handing out good rights now along with assisting FPL set up.

Blocked the car due to work OPSEC.

Pallets and pallets of MREs, the Beanie Weenie Grab Bags, and Water. 

Never ending convoy of bucket trucks.

FPL establishing their mobile command post.

The cargo container is an expanding office.

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#42]
The three different types of rations we're handing out.

From left to right. 

Standard FEMA A-Pack or Sopakco brand reduced sodium MRE.
A pre-packed lunch box.
Beanie Weenie Grab Bag

Usually comes with a small can of Beanie Weenies for protein, a sugary snack like M&Ms or Cheesy Crackers, and a nutri-grain bar for fiber.

The pre-packed lunch box comes with the following.

The MRE is your typical MRE.

We also have a 12 piece family box of storable food goods that we hand out to families. It is the same as the pre packed lunch box but has more items. 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Even the dogs get something.....

A treat or two.

Fuck cats. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:54:38 AM EDT
[#44]
I just checked the entire MRE packet is 790mg of sodium. The tiny can of Beanie Weenies is 850mg of sodium.  

The damn MREs are healthier than the Beanie Weenie Grab Bag. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Fuck Cats

I guess when you're sweatin like a pig with no A/C all that salt is necessary.

PSA. If looking for property in Bonita Springs near the Imperial River check the flood maps before signing.

You're a Good Man Miami!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Fresh fish...grab and go. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd empty a mag from my .22/45 Lite into it and BBQ the motherfucker. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow, that sucks, looks like nobody in the pictures even lost a roof shingle, but the flood waters did them in. Hopefully they have flood insurance. If you need anything I'm in Sarasota, about 1.5 hours north of you.  and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:36:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I would to if it was normal flooding....but not with sewer and petro/oil in the water.... saw several...plus other species.
But then again it's a catfish ....shut eaters anyhow lol 
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top