Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#1]
trust...
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#2]
just get a Trust.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Ben Johnson won't.  Just go the trust route.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, go the trust route. A buddy of mine that knows Ben Johnson said that he doesn't even want new gun shops opening up in Volusia Co..
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ben Johnson won't.  Just go the trust route.

This!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep, go the trust route. A buddy of mine that knows Ben Johnson said that he doesn't even want new gun shops opening up in Volusia Co..

Grew up around him and his brothers, for a country boy, he sure has been a disappointment.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#7]
After seeing his performance in front of the legislative committee opposing the open carry amendmentto 790 I was convinced to vote against him..........regardless of opponent.  Came across as an illiterate bumpkin, and grossly mistated current law.

I have heard he'll sign for an MG, but for some unknown reason not a supressor.

I also'll toss out this tidbit.   He's a member of the private hunt club on the old Farmton mgmnt area.   I heard a couple of years back that the group he was with was illegally using marine radios while hunting on that lease........reportedly Johnson  was contacted and shut that down & picked up the gear...........Now, don't know it personally for certain, but the individual that told me is a retired state officer.   Sorta makes one question his ethics if he'd previously taken part in and had knowledge of that illicit usage doesn't it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I dont understand why these CLEOs won't sign off on these,  They should have to have a damn good reason to deny it, other than that they think it's for the best,  you should have to present a legit threat or something.  Should be "shall issue"...bastards
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:57:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

After seeing his performance in front of the legislative committee opposing the open carry amendmentto 790 I was convinced to vote against him..........regardless of opponent.  Came across as an illiterate bumpkin, and grossly mistated current law.

I have heard he'll sign for an MG, but for some unknown reason not a supressor.

I also'll toss out this tidbit.   He's a member of the private hunt club on the old Farmton mgmnt area.   I heard a couple of years back that the group he was with was illegally using marine radios while hunting on that lease........reportedly Johnson  was contacted and shut that down & picked up the gear...........Now, don't know it personally for certain, but the individual that told me is a retired state officer.   Sorta makes one question his ethics if he'd previously taken part in and had knowledge of that illicit usage doesn't it.

..ya mean running vhs is a no no inland..but but all the hunt clubs use them..

whats worse is when they run beefed up ssb and 10m iirc bands for their traffic with out a am. radio license...

but folks over look all that....

fwiw i heard a lot of no no's going on in farmington once it went private...

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't know about any other improprieties, Protus, but it's interesting to note that the club president is the former FWC warden for that area........Thomas, last I heard he was also the Mayor in Edgewater.

Meant to add I'm in absolute agreement with you relative to the encroachment into the amateur bands.   I'm an extra.......have been for a lotta years........couple years back I was dog hunting in Ocala when I heard a group using 2M........I called them, using my call sign,  and was met with UTTER silence on that band, guess they got the idea haven't heard a repeat since.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I dont understand why these CLEOs won't sign off on these,  They should have to have a damn good reason to deny it, other than that they think it's for the best,  you should have to present a legit threat or something.  Should be "shall issue"...bastards

There IS a way to deal with the sign off refusals...........get someone in the legislature to sponsor a bill mandating it.   I believe the State of Virginia has such a statute..........
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:33:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't know about any other improprieties, Protus, but it's interesting to note that the club president is the former FWC warden for that area........Thomas, last I heard he was also the Mayor in Edgewater.

Meant to add I'm in absolute agreement with you relative to the encroachment into the amateur bands.   I'm an extra.......have been for a lotta years........couple years back I was dog hunting in Ocala when I heard a group using 2M........I called them, using my call sign,  and was met with UTTER silence on that band, guess they got the idea haven't heard a repeat since.

i hunted farmington as a kid in the 80's.i had to hunt ocala when it closed and never went back,,yeah the old fwc guy,,bought it,,then turned it into a hunt club. had some buddies who hunted there,,you paid 11-1200$ a year iirc, for a 1 acre sq you could hang a stand at..from way i was told it wasnt a good set up...

wouldnt surprise me at the mayors job....glad i dont live in edgewater anymore. lmoa then again where im at is smaller than oak hill ever was lol

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top