Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 11:29:52 AM EDT
Ok, so today i go online to look up a relatives address that lives north of me a couple hundred miles. I used whitepages.com, you can easily find it in a google search. I figured i would google my name to see what happens.

Well a big no go happened. It showed my full name, address, map to my house and it stated that it was my residence. I recently bought the house but i didnt think they would automatically put my information out there like that.

How the hell do i get it out of the white pages? I do not want my information that easy to find.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#1]
If you pay taxes on that property under your name listed as your primary residence it's public record. You'd be very frightened by the amount of information that's considered public record about a person.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I figured there would be information on me, but there is no way to just take out of white pages? Like having an unlisted number?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Just contact you phone provider and tell them you want your number removed from the book and web.  They'll likely charge a small fee for this but if it bothers you then it's worth it.  Or, you can kill the landline all together and either use VoIP or cell service.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Why the concern?  Just curious.  Not meant to start a flame.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Your papers please.......
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad you're not "famous" or you could get your property records sealed.   (btw,  law enforcement and politicians can do this too).

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
So the reason this is on there is because of the a landline? I have a line i use only for fax...thats whats doing it?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at the bottom left of the Whitepages.com page with your info and you'll see this:

WhitePages.com Privacy Options

Learn more about privacy

Is this you? Remove your listing

Select the "Is this you? Remove your listing" link and follow the directions.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:49:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Look at the bottom left of the Whitepages.com page with your info and you'll see this:

WhitePages.com Privacy Options

Learn more about privacy
Is this you? Remove your listing

Select the "Is this you? Remove your listing" link and follow the directions.

Thanks for your help, i didnt see that link.

There is also something there saying they get thier info from many soures so it could come up again, thats great news.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Think thats bad?  Go to pipl.com and type in your name.  Shows record of all prior homes, any court records, websites, the whole 9 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top