Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 11:51:59 AM EDT

It’s time to reduce our dependency on foreign oil, and begin drilling our own resources… Now!

• That’s why we’re rolling out, “Operation Drill Bit”…
   • Here’s what we need to do…
   • Go to Lowe’s or Home Depot or whatever mom & pop hardware store you like, and buy a drill bit to send to your congressman or woman…
   • In fact, buy at least 3…
   • One for your Representative in the House
   • And one for each of your two United States Senators.
   • Tell them you are sick and tired of gas prices, and of watching this great country borrow money from the Chinese to buy oil from the Saudi’s
   • Click Here to find the address for your senators and congressman.
   • Click around on their web pages until you find their Washington, D.C. office… Don’t send anything to a local or district office.
   • Include the message: IT'S TIME TO DRILL OUR OWN OIL NOW!
   • Let’s flood Washington with drill bits to let them know it’s time to drill ANWR, the Gulf of Mexico and other domestic resources.
   • We’re mad as hell, and we’re not going to take it anymore!!!

To locate your Senators and Representatives using your zipcode

Also check out and sign Newt Gingrich's American Solution petition - Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay Less.

Schnitt Show

I'm not a big fan of Todd Shnitt and his show but I listen to it because nothing else is on the radio from 3pm-6pm.

I do believe that if we go after our own oil sources in the Gulf, Alaska, etc.... it will be a short term answer to our fuel problems. We do need to develop a fuel source that makes us energy independent from gasoline and diesel and also independent from OPEC. But right now we have oil. Let's go after it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets not forget about the
Oil Shale Resources

Green River Formation
Location of the Green River Formation Oil Shale and Its Main Basins

While oil shale is found in many places worldwide, by far the largest deposits in the world are found in the United States in the Green River Formation, which covers portions of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming. Estimates of the oil resource in place within the Green River Formation range from 1.2 to 1.8 trillion barrels. Not all resources in place are recoverable; however, even a moderate estimate of 800 billion barrels of recoverable oil from oil shale in the Green River Formation is three times greater than the proven oil reserves of Saudi Arabia. Present U.S. demand for petroleum products is about 20 million barrels per day. If oil shale could be used to meet a quarter of that demand, the estimated 800 billion barrels of recoverable oil from the Green River Formation would last for more than 400 years

More than 70% of the total oil shale acreage in the Green River Formation, including the richest and thickest oil shale deposits, is under federally owned and managed lands. Thus, the federal government directly controls access to the most commercially attractive portions of the oil shale resource base.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't want cheaper Oil / Gas.  I want it to hit over $5 already so we can start seeing alternatives.  Drilling somewhere else is a short sided and temporary patch to a larger problem.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
arent we supposed to have hydrogen fuel cell powered hover cars by now?? isnt that why we pay all these fucking taxes??
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't want cheaper Oil / Gas.  I want it to hit over $5 already so we can start seeing alternatives.  Drilling somewhere else is a short sided and temporary patch to a larger problem.

The man's got a point. Know why Japanese (And to a lesser extent European) cars are so efficient? It's because gas is, and has been for a long time, hideously expensive.

Don't get me wrong, I like cheap gas. But expensive gas makes the people push for change. Look at the advancements we've made in Biofuels in the past few years. (Never mind the problems they're causing with the corn supply and such)
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I would LOVE  to have an oil rig or two just off shore 10 miles? Artificial reefs its for the fish!!

It would be real nice if FL did what AK does and pay out to the people oil revenue. Cheaper fuel, Gov check, and game fish. Is this a triple win?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#6]

and of watching this great country borrow money from the Chinese to buy oil from the Saudi’s

That's the problem right there, we are borrowing money from foreigners to fund our National debt.  Actually most of the money comes from the Middle East, who because the dollar is not worth as much as it was in the past are asking for higher interest rates to cover there losses.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would LOVE  to have an oil rig or two just off shore 10 miles? Artificial reefs its for the fish!!

It would be real nice if FL did what AK does and pay out to the people oil revenue. Cheaper fuel, Gov check, and game fish. Is this a triple win?

Thats what I thought too. For the fish!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yup!  Not to mention that I'd rather consume the rest of the oil in the middle east before I break ground in ANWR.  I long for the day that we stop sending Arabs our dollars.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
We would be in DEEP SHT if OPEC cut us off. All it would take is for a tanker to be sunk in the Straight of Hormuz and Chavez to start selling to China. We need to drill like yesterday and at the same time build Nuclear plants, affordable viable  electric cars and Electric maglev rail lines on the route of every interstate highway across our country. The maglev can travel 300 miles an hour and this would reduce he need for many domestic airline flights.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The man's got a point. Know why Japanese (And to a lesser extent European) cars are so efficient? It's because gas is, and has been for a long time, hideously expensive.

that's mostly due to the local gov'ts taxing the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, I like cheap gas. But expensive gas makes the people push for change. Look at the advancements we've made in Biofuels in the past few years. (Never mind the problems they're causing with the corn supply and such)

That's the governments fault too.  They are still using an outdated bill to pay farmers to NOT grow crops.  Screw that!  Instead of paying them not to grow, how about those freaking polititians think bigger.  Instead of paying them to do nothing, how about guarantee the purchase of their food, and either use it for alt fuel, the world food bank, or disaster relief.

Sorry about the rant, but it pisses me off to see food shortages and resources wasted and see the govt paying people not to work.  I see a temporary assistance similar to unemployment compensation... but years of payment for nothing...  I hope their children dont grow up expecting the govt to pay their way
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top