Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 2:38:55 PM EDT
Not sure if this old news, but it is new to me. Apparently the Babcock Webb shooting range is being sold to a private company. The maximum charge in the RFP is $7.50 for three hours per person. The $26 passes will no longer be valid and neither will the $3 per car fee. The new owners are planning on adding ranges, concessions, and coordinating competitive shooting. Other than the fee, it doesn't sound too bad.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you know who it is thats taking over?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not sure if this old news, but it is new to me. Apparently the Babcock Webb shooting range is being sold to a private company. The maximum charge in the RFP is $7.50 for three hours per person. The $26 passes will no longer be valid and neither will the $3 per car fee. The new owners are planning on adding ranges, concessions, and coordinating competitive shooting. Other than the fee, it doesn't sound too bad.

I'm sure as they take over and start running thigs, that will change. Once they see they have a good consistant volume of people.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
When they built Tenoroc it was not busy at all. I was worried that it would be closed due to lack of use. I was wrong, I went there today and it was packed, every bench was occupied and there were people waiting. The price never went down. It costs $10 for one range and $12 for both rifle and pistol.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure as they take over and start running thigs, that will change. Once they see they have a good consistant volume of people.

The RFP specifies a maximum use fee of $7.50/ 3hrs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do you know who it is thats taking over?

No.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't mind paying more as long as they don't ban my NFA toys.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thats the big question, I don't mind paying the few extra bucks, but will they let us keep shooting full autos or even "rapid fire" or will it turn into a "one shot per 10 seconds" type of place. I've already lost one full auto range so far this year, I'm NOT trying for two.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats the big question, I don't mind paying the few extra bucks, but will they let us keep shooting full autos or even "rapid fire" or will it turn into a "one shot per 10 seconds" type of place. I've already lost one full auto range so far this year, I'm NOT trying for two.

Webb as been the only place I've shot FA so where was the other range?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Webb as been the only place I've shot FA so where was the other range?

Desoto Gun Club, in Arcadia. They are talking about bringing it back, but insurance is the big issue.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top