www.wesh.com/news/14269646/detail.html

This freakin world gets worse everyday.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Again. This shit has got to stop. Sensless.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Very sad indeed
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I read he was found outside his personal vehicle. The article never said if he was in a uniform. It could be possible his assailant did not know he was a LEO.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I read he was found outside his personal vehicle. The article never said if he was in a uniform. It could be possible his assailant did not know he was a LEO.

Not that that would matter at all.  I do wonder if he was carrying at the time, and if not, would THAT have made a difference.  WTF is going on in this state?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]
We're gonna need a full trash haul out cleaning soon...

SAVE FLORIDA...

I will not allow Florida to turn into California part 2...
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Its a very sad day indeed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 3:20:23 AM EDT
[#9]

I heard on the radio he might have been the victim of an ATM robbery.

This state is going to hell in a handbasket.

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Police officers said they are very angry. One officer said it is time for residents to take their city back.

I wonder in what context he ment this? By just ratting out the perp or more broadly by citizens taking responsibility for their own safety.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#11]
The state should pay a stipend to every CCW-holder, and pay a cash bonus for each perp shot/apprehended during the commission of a crime , and a larger cash bonus for each perp killed under the same circumstances.    
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#12]
The state should sponser a voluntary Armed Citizens Patrol Corp, sort of like the Free cops in NY, except armed.

Focus on people and property crimes, define exactly and only the crimes these persons can intervene in with full arrest powers, use of firearms and deadly force. Be easy enough to administer at all the community colleges.

Amend the Sunshine law to offer protection, mandatory continuing education. Members can patrol on their own time or simply intervene when they witness a crime in action.

As of 9/30/07 there are 451,000 FL CWP holders. imagine if 200,000 CWP holders were added to the street as cops. The only cost to tax payers is the cost of education and ensuring the CWP holders meet standards & qualifications. ~80 hours of education would do it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The state should sponser a voluntary Armed Citizens Patrol Corp, sort of like the Free cops in NY, except armed.

Focus on people and property crimes, define exactly and only the crimes these persons can intervene in with full arrest powers, use of firearms and deadly force. Be easy enough to administer at all the community colleges.

Amend the Sunshine law to offer protection, mandatory continuing education. Members can patrol on their own time or simply intervene when they witness a crime in action.

As of 9/30/07 there are 451,000 FL CWP holders. imagine if 200,000 CWP holders were added to the street as cops. The only cost to tax payers is the cost of education and ensuring the CWP holders meet standards & qualifications. ~80 hours of education would do it.

voluntary Armed Citizens Patrol Corp= vigilante. where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

then we can carry those kewl "Concealed Weapons Permit" badges...    In all seriousness, I think that's a great idea.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]
According to the Orlando Sentinel a 17 y/o and 19 y/o were arrested yesterday in this case. The 19 y/o was just released from prison 5 weeks ago for an armed robbery he committed in Miami Dade County. The article said the police officer drew his weapon but was unable to get a shot off. His personal wepaon was found on his lap. His ID was found outside the car indicating they probably knew he was an offduty LEO according to the article.

Another case of our wonderful revolving door Criminal Justice System at work. There should be a way to hold the court system responsible for turning thugs like this loose to preyon society.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
According to the Orlando Sentinel a 17 y/o and 19 y/o were arrested yesterday in this case. The 19 y/o was just released from prison 5 weeks ago for an armed robbery he committed in Miami Dade County. The article said the police officer drew his weapon but was unable to get a shot off. His personal wepaon was found on his lap. His ID was found outside the car indicating they probably knew he was an offduty LEO according to the article.

Another case of our wonderful revolving door Criminal Justice System at work. There should be a way to hold the court system responsible for turning thugs like this loose to preyon society.

Bleeding heart liberals are to blame, If they treated criminals like they did 100-150 years ago this kind of thing would be rare.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:18:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Can ANYONE tell me how the fuck a 19 y/o can even be seeing the light of day after being CONVICTED of ARMED ROBBERY?  WTF, did he do it when he was 9 and serve 10 years?  HELL NO... THE SYSTEM FAILED.

If the 19 y/o was in fact convicted of a previous Armed Robbery and is already out on the streets then...

I HOLD THE STATE OF FLORIDA AND THE COURT SYSTEM EQUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF THIS OFFICER.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:17:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Can ANYONE tell me how the fuck a 19 y/o can even be seeing the light of day after being CONVICTED of ARMED ROBBERY?  WTF, did he do it when he was 9 and serve 10 years?  HELL NO... THE SYSTEM FAILED.

If the 19 y/o was in fact convicted of a previous Armed Robbery and is already out on the streets then...

I HOLD THE STATE OF FLORIDA AND THE COURT SYSTEM EQUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF THIS OFFICER.

But he is just a poor kid from a broken system. Give him another chance. Do it for the poor, socially-challenged, morally-reprehensible, children!    
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#19]
height=8
Quoted:

The article said he was convicted of Armed Robbery when he was 14 and served 5 years for it and was just released 5 weeks ago. Unfortanately the State has not realized that some of these "children" that are being locked up are already to far gone and need to be kept locked up. Some of them have been raised in the gang / thug lifestyle since they were very small and are so brainwashed that there is virtually no way to save them. But the liberals who run things seem to think a little loving and a big hug will solve everything. Some of these "children" need to be locked up and left there to rot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortanately the State has not realized that some of these "children" that are being locked up are already to far gone and need to be kept locked up. Some of them have been raised in the gang / thug lifestyle since they were very small and are so brainwashed that there is virtually no way to save them.  Some of these "children" need to be locked up and left there to rot.

You are right on with this...  

ETA:  No, I did not read the article... I thought/knew it would contain some BS excuse as to why the "system" did what it did....
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The state should pay a stipend to every CCW-holder, and pay a cash bonus for each perp shot/apprehended during the commission of a crime , and a larger cash bonus for each perp killed under the same circumstances.    

I like your idea. Actually if it was legal, I would do it for free.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

x2
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Guess what?  Bomb threat at Walmart in my neighborhood now.  

CMON@!@#$%^&*
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top