Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:11:41 AM EDT

Anyone doing any AK  builds in FL?  I am trying to decide between a 100% receiver for my polish underfolder or a bending a flat...but I don't have a press or spot welder so bending isn't possible without help from another builder.

thx
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I am also looking into this and have some tools like press ,dremel, vise, grinder ,drillpress. Hell if we can get this together everybody can post here.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
where have you 2 been under a rock..........we had an AK build party about 10 days ago......
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If this is your first build, it's probably better to just get a finished receiver. It is very time-consuming to bend, heat treat, grind, etc. on a bent flat, not to mention very costly if you don't have the bending jig or welder access.

You want your first experience to be a good one and not get all frustrated. In fact, it may be better to start out with a plain ol' Romanian kit.

See Vic over at Florida Ammo Traders for any parts you might need. I think he still may have some kits left. One of the "good guys".

Jim
Tampa
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
i have most all of the tools except for a trigger gaurd riveter if some 1 was willing to donate 1 to me i would help them bend and spot welds there flats :) then i will have all the tools to build
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top