Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 5:39:19 PM EDT
I am considering buying a 50 cal rifle. I belong to a private range and fiddy's are not allowed. Is there anywhere in central or north Florida where one could shoot such a beast?

There were several at the gun show in Orlando this past weekend and it got me thinking about them again. The gun would not really be very practical but might be a good investment. I figure that about the time someone does something stupid with one thats all it will take to get them banned thus immediately increasing the value of all of the existing hardware.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:39:22 AM EDT
[#2]
i know some guys will do it out at the FR88 range  outside astor by juniper.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:20:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am considering buying a 50 cal rifle. I belong to a private range and fiddy's are not allowed. Is there anywhere in central or north Florida where one could shoot such a beast?

There were several at the gun show in Orlando this past weekend and it got me thinking about them again. The gun would not really be very practical but might be a good investment. I figure that about the time someone does something stupid with one thats all it will take to get them banned thus immediately increasing the value of all of the existing hardware.

Any thoughts?

We allow .50's at Titusville Rifle and Pistol Club. Check out the website for more info: TRPC
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Probably at the Bradford Sporting Clays range in Graham, FL (near Starke).  They currently have a 600-yard range, and are building an 800-yard range, IIRC.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen fifties at Markham.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The Seminole County range allows .50 at 200 and 300 yards.

Check it out here.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Check it out here.

-White Horse

I checked out their website and it looks like a very nice range. Are you a member? How crowed does it get on the days it is open to the public?

Thanks for your help.

Swamprat51
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check it out here.

-White Horse

I checked out their website and it looks like a very nice range. Are you a member? How crowed does it get on the days it is open to the public?

Thanks for your help.

Swamprat51

It is a very nice range and I am a member.  They don't allow .50 shooting on Public Day until after the public leaves.  (I guess is that it was too distracting).  It can be very busy on public day and look out for some very aggressive range masters.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Knights shooting sports does in Pinellas county, ya gotta use fragment ammo though and its indoor range. A freakin .300WSM sounds like a canon in there. .50BMG would be brutal.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Probably at the Bradford Sporting Clays range in Graham, FL (near Starke).  They currently have a 600-yard range, and are building an 800-yard range, IIRC.

+1, but I think it's a new improved 600. The Bradford range is about 1mile down a dirt road off highway 18 in Graham. You'll see a sign on the north side of HW18.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:23:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Knights shooting sports does in Pinellas county, ya gotta use fragment ammo though and its indoor range. A freakin .300WSM sounds like a canon in there. .50BMG would be brutal.

You wanna talk about range nazis...  Knight's are the WORST.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top