Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:24:03 AM EDT
I'm in the military and my new assignment is in the Orlando area, but I live up in Sanford.  Are there any good rifle ranges near this area?  The only ones I have found so far are indoor and will only let ya shoot a 22 rifle.  

Any info would be a big help.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a bit of a drive from orlando, and there may be one closer to the area, but there is a range in Fellsmere/Sebastian that is pretty good.  It's publicly owned and the staff are not too Nazi-ish.

It's something like $6 all day to shoot and you can shoot anything you want, even .50.  They have a pistol range out to 25 yards and a rifle out to 100 yrds.  They also offer a 250yrd shot, but this is through a tunnel and there is an extra fee because there are only 2 lanes with that shot.  They also have skeet, trap, archery, and air gun if that's your thing.

Take I-95 south to the Fellsmere/Sebastian exit.  Head east for about 1.5 miles and there will be a sign indicating a left turn to the range.  It's just that simple.

There may be a range close to you, but i'm from further south, so I dont know.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#2]
hello, i'm in Debary just over the bridge. me and a few other guys go to seminole sometimes. they allow full auto and have up to 300 yard rifle range. also there is stricklands in daytona but no full auto and only out to 100 yards. email me at [email protected] and i'll let you know when we are going out again if you want to come out. thanks...Jared
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a plan.  I'll send ya an e-mail here when I get home from work.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you know when the next public day is out at Seminole???  I'd like to go check it out.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do you know when the next public day is out at Seminole???  I'd like to go check it out.

I am a member there and may be going some time this holiday weekend.  We have unlimited guest priveledges, so let me know and I wll be glad to meet you there for some shooting.

Public day is always the first Sunday of the month, but be warned.  It is very crowded and the Range Officers are...umm...agressive.  Enough so that I can't imagine having any fun on that day.

Let me know.  I could use some quality time with ny 1896 Swedish mauser...and some other goodies.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
i will be going about 1:30 on saturday to burn off some extra ammo
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I'd really like to go out.  I'll pack up my K-31 and maybe my Pattern 14 if I can find any .303 in my stash.  
Thanks ahead of time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:06:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Usafwolfeand js600:

Would you like to go at 1:30?  I am headed to Bass Pro to spend some Christmas money, but I would be glad to meet you there.  Let me know and I will make the plans.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#9]
White_horse

I just now read your message, but I'd still like to go.  Just tell me when and where.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#10]
You ready to go?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
did you guys make out there today? we went and had a great time. lots of class 3 stuff to play with but nobody to trade me an AR upper  we are all going to meet for breakfast then gunshow next sunday if you guys are interested. pm me and i'll give you my cell #
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#12]
We didn't quite make it, but made plans for Monday at 2:00.

Wasn't today "clean-up" day, in preparation for Public Day tomorrow?  I have been caught a couple times on a Saturday morning thinking that I could shoot, only to be turned back.

Glad you had fun.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I should have read this sooner. I have been there twice within the past 6 days and would have been than happy to meet up with fellow shooters. The only potential problem is that I like to get there very early before the crowds which puts me there shooting about 7:30-8:00 am.

If you plan on bringing any Class III items, let me know. Those are some of the best toys to play with.  I will be happy to bring my own ammo, just tell me the caliber.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Not near you, but go west young man for the machine gun shoot on February 26th.

www.hernandosportsmansclub.com/events/machinegun.htm
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#15]
That is a long drive, but did make it once before and hope to again in Feb.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That is a long drive, but did make it once before and hope to again in Feb.

See ya there. I'll be the guy with the AR15.com hat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top