Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2005 4:20:43 PM EDT
Just wondering, are there any events like the FDCC has in SW FL?
I'd like to go check out what they do up there, but I don't want to drive 4.5 hours

Anybody organize anything like that in SW FL? Any interst in organizing/starting something?
Team SW FL meets once every 4-6 weeks or so, maybe it would be fun to do something different!
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I hereby nominate, Punani, as chief organizer.  

Do I hear a second!?  

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Ahem.
That's not really what I was looking for....

but come on, 26 reads and 1 reply??

Quoted:

Do I hear a second!?  

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Do I hear a second!?  

SECOND!

ETA - Punani - did you ever go to Hernando Sportsman's Action Rifle shoot?  I imagine it would be something like that, but just ArfCommers and guests.  

We'd need space (always the toughest part), someone to design a Course of Fire, RO-qualified folks, maybe materials, etc.

Is anyone here a member of Manatee?  I really liked that place but I don't know much about it's organization.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, Bay...

I've never been to Manatee, but the SWFL team has been once, not sure what the verdict was.
I guess if we can find a place to do it....

Anybody else in the SWFL team interested?
JJ? Mormon? AIM? AZATHOTH777? Darth? Rob? Osprey? Nonconformist?

feedback, please!

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do I hear a second!?  

SECOND!

ETA - Punani - did you ever go to Hernando Sportsman's Action Rifle shoot?  I imagine it would be something like that, but just ArfCommers and guests.  

We'd need space (always the toughest part), someone to design a Course of Fire, RO-qualified folks, maybe materials, etc.

Is anyone here a member of Manatee?  I really liked that place but I don't know much about it's organization.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, 3 gun events were  run by Naples Swamp Rompers  down in Naples every Monday night until recently.Its about the closest alternative to FDCC type shoots that we have in SW fla. They just lost their range due to the land being sold to a developer.  They are in the process of acquiring a 60+ acre site for the new range. Its supposed to be down off of 951 somewhere by the old range(Florida Sports Park). Should be a few months until its up and running.  
The only problems are that its a 40 mile drive from Ft. Myers and its on Monday evenings. Its not done on the weekends because of the alternating IPSC schedule.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks, Bay...

I've never been to Manatee, but the SWFL team has been once, not sure what the verdict was.
I guess if we can find a place to do it....

Anybody else in the SWFL team interested?
JJ? Mormon? AIM? AZATHOTH777? Darth? Rob? Osprey? Nonconformist?

feedback, please!

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do I hear a second!?  

SECOND!

i would love to shoot and scoot again. but my schedule sucks for planing ahead.  im on a f'ed up three week rotating thing. i got the gear, the gun and the ammo.(just dont know about the time) maybe if someone could contact HANSONS range off zemmle rd (ipsc's 2nd range aka "the river rats" as apposed to the "nipple's swamp rompers" ipsc 1st range @ the nipples sports park(now closed)) its been years since i did any matches there dont remember the ph# to save my life.  it's now a very exclusive membership range, so ?  there is also another private range near a corrections (prison) place in south port charlotte/ north lee co. (near hansons, also off u.s.41) i dont remember the name of it either( ive been there twice, not to impressive back then but it would do).  i actually HAVE some barricades and crap like that, that will be going in the trash at work if someone wants it let me know asap and come and get it (bring a truck or trailer and hall it off. im me if you want it)its free and its a start.  unfortinatly i dont have time to set things up but ill try to point you guys in the right direction..............

so we have ...
people, with the stuff...
some equipment....
but no where to do it.

ps "IF" we do this i will help RO. i think i still have a pact timmer(just needs to be fixed)somewhere.  well what do you think? we could do this. maybe we could offer to become members of the range near the prison? people like money! night shoots? at the last ar shoot i think every one had lights on there long guns(even though it was sunny as heck out?) i think THAT would be fun("IF" possible). maybe we could become the "south/south" version of the FDCC, and maybe once or twice both north and south could get together for a massive shoot'a'nanny(?) shoot. that is if the FDCC wouldn't mind expanding down here. Punani contact them and find out, our "cheif organizer "you, your such a good leader already!  also what about hendry co. range, i don't know squat about it, i only know  that it is there, any idea if its open to the public or can be rented for a day?      anyone?

aza
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:49:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The range out by the Charlotte co. jail is Southwest florida Sportsmans Club. I am a member of that range. No way would they let anything like this fly out there. Even if they did it would be limited to our existing membership. The membership is only 200 people, so there is a continual waiting list to get in. The second problem is that it really is too small. The only place you could really use would be the 100 yd. rifle range which wouldnt be bad for single stages.

Same thing with the Hansen range, unless your a member or shoot IPSC there, they wouldnt let that fly either. They are really limited on space as well. Its good for IPSC but I wouldnt wanna do any rifle shooting on those little stages. Thats the reason that they do not shoot 3 gun there.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 3:20:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, I would like to do something like that, but the organizing would be a bitch. I like to start things and pass the responsibility on. Right Tom? I would rather make the hike to Jacksonville than to go through that, besides, I think we are learning real quick that it is gonna be hell finding a spot to shoot. The best thing to do I think, is to go up there and at least get an education as to what it is all about. I think there is something similar going on in the Broward County area. It may be a couple of hours closer. I have seen the website. That all being said, I would be willing to travel to a couple of these to check them out, I am sure they welcome guests. It would just require a weekend trip.  

I say we plan a weekend in January to either Jacksonville or Miami.....we can investigate it between now and then.

Dan, you are in charge.

jj
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:39:39 AM EDT
[#9]
anyone have ANY idea, public or private were we could scoot and shoot (in swfl)?
we could do this if we try.
start thinking fokes...
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#10]
That was exactly my idea. Unfortunately, I live in Venice, while most of the SWFL team lives south of Port Charlotte.
Therefore I'm not familiar in that area. But if someone knows of any land or something we can do this, I'd be happy to (help) organise this!

But the first thing is a place to shoot. Without a place: No Go.
When we find something I'll get in touch with the FDCC people, and
see how and if we can work together.

Quoted:
anyone have ANY idea, public or private were we could scoot and shoot (in swfl)?
we could do this if we try.
start thinking fokes...

Link Posted: 11/30/2005 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Or do we need a fancy name and logo first, with a cool website?
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#12]
well in any case i do have some barricades, if someone wants them come and get'um.  they have a destiny with the trash can otherwise.....aza  

as for names: the snail thumpers?   the gator' banger's?  the crotch'ity old fart (shooting) league
the fraternal assasin guild society(F.A.G.S.)?  the mosquito wranglers? mall ninja 4 life?  saterday,sunday,monday,tuesday,wednesday,thursday,friday?(at least no-one will forget that one).  im open for suggestions....

i need to look punani, ill go look and take (crappy)pic's with my camera and post them.  they were used for the old matches by the prev owner of the store.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I talked to one of my sheriff buddies this afternoon, an he has a good friend that has/is envolved in a private range somewhere in Englewood. The guy's out of town, but appearantly he'll be back saturday, and I get his number before then.
Englewood might be a bit of a drive for some of you, but at least it's a start...
I'm also going to contact a few buddies in the Port Charlotte area tomorrow.
I'll keep y'all posted!

Aza, tell me more about them barricades!
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#14]
look above again... what do you think about the names?

Link Posted: 11/30/2005 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Like the names, allthough I'm not sure if we all want to be a part of F.A.G.S

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 3:28:12 AM EDT
[#16]
i'M IN.  did FDCC a couple of times a few years ago in lake city. its a blast.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 4:00:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

someone go over to my gunstore boo boo thread, goto the bottom of the page and see if the video link works please AND leave a post if it does or does not work. its nothing special just me splitting cards with my 45 very (short video).

Done.  it works
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:00:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I would love to do something like that, been a long time since I've done "Tactical" shooting

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#19]
everyone put your heads together, lets find a place to do it!

PUNANI, the cades are still there, didn't have time to check inside to see if there are more(must go down range in to the trap sub-room to see) but in back of the store there are a couple and some near the trash can also.  size aprox- 4X8 sheets with ports or little doors and such, i had some ipsc target holders i made X3 and other stuff, i dont know how much got purged, a good start though....aza
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 3:33:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Awesome, aza

All we really need now is a place to do this!
(and a cool name )

Quoted:
everyone put your heads together, lets find a place to do it!

PUNANI, the cades are still there, didn't have time to check inside to see if there are more(must go down range in to the trap sub-room to see) but in back of the store there are a couple and some near the trash can also.  size aprox- 4X8 sheets with ports or little doors and such, i had some ipsc target holders i made X3 and other stuff, i dont know how much got purged, a good start though....aza

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Bump!
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Bump!

what you couldn't say anything constructive, or up-lifting? and bump,bump, "who's your daddy" bump,bump.......... ???????
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:15:32 AM EDT
[#23]

bump-iddy-bump?

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bump!

what you couldn't say anything constructive, or up-lifting? and bump,bump, "who's your daddy" bump,bump.......... ???????

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Bump-alicious

While I'm not a South FL shooter, I have been to FDCC a couple times.  I haven't ran any of the COF's yet as I have just purchased a Glock 19, so I will start particpating when I am able to make it.  They are a lot of fun even if you are just watching.  While they are timed events (read competitive), it is just a group of guys and gals sharing a goodtime (read having fun).  I think if you guys get this going you need to just remember to keep it fun, friendly and safe.  Also welcome as many non ARFCOMers as you can if they happen to be out at the range.

Hope this works out for ya'll  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks!
You're always welcome to attend any of our shoots!

Quoted:
Bump-alicious

While I'm not a South FL shooter, I have been to FDCC a couple times.  I haven't ran any of the COF's yet as I have just purchased a Glock 19, so I will start particpating when I am able to make it.  They are a lot of fun even if you are just watching.  While they are timed events (read competitive), it is just a group of guys and gals sharing a goodtime (read having fun).  I think if you guys get this going you need to just remember to keep it fun, friendly and safe.  Also welcome as many non ARFCOMers as you can if they happen to be out at the range.

Hope this works out for ya'll  

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Or do we need a fancy name and logo first, with a cool website?

That comes a few years later.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Still waiting for a reply from my LEO contact about a range in Englewood
Oh, and....
Bump!

Better AZA??
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#28]
better....

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Still waiting for a reply from my LEO contact about a range in Englewood
Oh, and....
Bump!
intvfunhouse.com/intellivisioninc/box/bump-100.jpg

Better AZA??

Dude, asking your P.O. about range time=Not smart.
jj
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#30]
p.o. ? i dont get it... yet.   nevermind.... i get it, and it aint for me either.... duh... resident spaz = aza
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Holy shit...

Quoted:
p.o. ? i dont get it... yet.   nevermind.... i get it, and it aint for me either.... duh... resident spaz = aza

He's cool. I'm on a never-ending quest to get my AR cooler than his 10.5" Issued Armalite....
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#32]
just an update: i might have found a private range to use. one of the family members thinks that if the owner gets to play with us he'd let us do it... info i have at this time 100y long with burm. burm is 30-40 yards wide in a U shape. might be one (maybe two) stages.  i dont mind doing one stage at a time if i get a chance to do it.......... i've got some ideas, but till i see it i cant say.. but well get to do what we want...... ill keep everyone informed as i know more... this could WILL be fun...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I would be in to help out and shoot if we can find a Place I use dto shoot in the Tac-3 Monday night shoots in Naples all the time, but my schedule put an emd to that 2 years ago. My 3 gun gear is getting dusty
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Good news Aza, outgstanding!
I sent you an IM. IM me your phone# and I'll call you tomorow!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Dan your buddy isnt talking about the EPGC range is he? They ran us out of there 4 years ago.  AZ My son says he would like to see if you mean what he thinks you mean by" shoot and scoot".
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Not sure, we still haven't been able to get a hold of him....

BTW, I enjoyed meeting your son. He can shoot any of my guns any day!
Took the M1 out sunday, I shot some hunting ammo, I got the impression it was a little to "hot" for it, so I ordered some korena surplus.  Accuracy was good however!

Quoted:
Dan your buddy isnt talking about the EPGC range is he? They ran us out of there 4 years ago.  AZ My son says he would like to see if you mean what he thinks you mean by" shoot and scoot".

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

most likely....... just nothing shooting back...............

this is a private range... built by the owner... no clubs or anything just private property w/ burm(s ?), nothing special. i will tell you more once i get a chance to get out there... this is in (east) lee co....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top