Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2005 4:13:09 AM EDT
Im wanting to learn more about HAM radio and get myelf and my wife licesned.. But Its becomming difficult when I cant show my wife anything about it... I have to rely on her reading the book... Which she dosnt pic up that much...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:53:51 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I am one HAM in a family of many, but I'm on the Space Coast and not near Pasco. I'm sure there is a local club in your area that you could visit/join. The club I am a member of provides prep classes for each test, I would assume any fairly organized club in your area would do the same.

Found this site with some club info on it:

http://www.wr6wr.com/newSite/departments/clubs/clubs_a-g.html

Gulf Coast ARC. P.O. Box 595, New Port Richey, FL 34656. Meets 4th Mon./monthly, 7:30 p.m., Marchman Tech. Ed. Cntr., 7825 Campus Dr., Bldg. C, Rm C122, New Port Richey. WA4GDN rptrs. 146.67(-) & 145.33(-), serving all of Pasco County.  

Another try may be contacting your local weather service office and ask for the contact info for their Skywarn HAM contact, they could point you in the right direction.

I'll try and keep an eye out for you over the next couple days.

Dave
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:27:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you crisco, I passed my tech license exam by the way....Now I just have to get my wife licensed...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The "left coast" has a lot of active amateur radio clubs and a very active Skywarn/Ham program. I know that the Pinellas Co. area has a very STRONG working relationship with the Ruskin off ice of the NWS.

Here in Jupiter Farms  my CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) both teaches ham classes and then finishes it off with a quarterly VEC testing session. We do the whole shabang from CERT Training, Ham Traning and Testing (not a requirement of CERT) all in house. We even have 2 UHF ham repeaters that belong to me right in the community ready to serve with 1 month worth of generator power, the antennas have survived all the hurricanes even at 190ft! I'll be leaving (hopefully) for a class III friendly state and looking forward to affordable land in a few months but one of the repeaters will stay behind in trusty service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top