Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 9:32:46 AM EDT
I just put a firewire card in my PC and it won't let me download my video.  It gives a window stating that "the camera is not hooked up disconnect and try again".  All this after smoking 2 cards( changed slots on the 3td one) because of a bad slot on my motherboard, and the 3td one is finally shows up on the device manager and shows it working properly.

I am at my wits end and ready to throw this freaking PC out the window!

TIA

Rich B
Orlando, FL
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#1]
did you reboot after connecting the camera and are you using the camera software or MS movie maker?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I am using windows movie maker and I don't recall getting any software with the camcorder.  Iam using a canon zr80 and went to the canon sight and downloaded what I thought would help , but alas it is just a program to use the camera for chats on windows messenger.

Is there any good capture software out there for downloading?

TIA

Rich B.
Orlando, FL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top