Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:45:32 PM EDT
Hey guys.  Me and a buddy are gonna be in Orlando from 27 Aug to 3 Sept, we got a condo at the Orange Lake Resort, that his parents weren't gonna use this year.  Now my question to you, what do the locals do, and where do the locals hang out in Orlando?  I'm not really into the Disney/theme park deal, and there is only so much golf a guy can play, so I'm trying to explore some more options.  Any advice would be appreciated.   Oh yeah, if anyone would wanna get together for some beers and wings (if there is a local Hooters), that would be great.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Well.

FDCC is on the 28th.  If you can drive the 30 mins. to my place in Deltona, I will drive the 2.5 hrs. there and back.  That is, if you want to join us.  Don't worry about guns/ammo, we have plenty for all.  I can give you some pointers on some places to visit while you are here as well.  (I have been here since '83.) <----------- That's BEFORE the turn of the century for you whippersnappers!  

Check it out and let me know.  The offer is always open to Central Florida folks as well, but somehow nobody but my "usual" circle of friends/shooters has taken me up on the offer.  Go figure.

-White Horse

Here is a short list of things to check out regardless:

Blue Springs State Park - 45 min. drive from Orlando

Wekiva Springs State Park - 30 min drive

Katie's Landing Canoe Trip - 40 min drive

St. Augustine Worth the drive to see some real FL history.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're into knives, you can visit the world famous Randall Knife Factory & Museum.

Randall Made Knives
4857 South Orange Blossom Trail
Orlando, Florida 32839
407-855-8075

of course there's always the titty bars, too numerous to list.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Well,  where do I start?  WHITEHORSE, they are staying out 27 and 192 down west of Kissimee and damn near to Clermont so that drive will be more like a hour.  If i were them though I would driving to Deltona for the ride.

osprey21:  The titty bars are on the way to the Randall Knife place, all up and down SOBT.

BayEagle: Pleasure Island is right in their neck of the woods,  but I would go to downtown and heaad for Mako's on Church ST either Fri or Sat nite.and the places Whitehorse listed would al be cool partake in also.

Hope this helps.

ARKAN  PM me if and I will give ya cell number for when ya get lost.....

Rich B
Orlando, FL

ps: one of these days I am actually going to make it to a FDDC match.  I have been trying for damn near 2 yrs now.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the advice guys.  I'd love to hit the FDCC match, but I dont know if my buddy would be up for it, I'm coming prepared to do so in any event.

Titty bars and knives are a couple of my favorite subjects, so those are definitely a go.

I need to find out more about Mako's.  Rich you should have an PM inbound shortly.

Thanks again fellas.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:47:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I need to find out more about Mako's.  

Mako's
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need to find out more about Mako's.  

Mako's

It's official, we're going to Mako's!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's official, we're going to Mako's!

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
OH Damn! I just noticed the dates you are gonna be here.  I am gonna be in MI for a aniverdery party for my girl friend's parents.  IM me again I never got your other one, and you Im inbound.

Rich B.
Orlando, FL
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Have you decided if you are joining us for FDCC?  I gotta plan.  Logistics, you know.  

-White Horse
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Have you decided if you are joining us for FDCC?  I gotta plan.  Logistics, you know.  

-White Horse

The train leaves from Deltona at 10:00 am sharp.

-White Horse
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top