Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2005 7:14:30 PM EDT
I have a permit and am wondering if its legal to conceal carry an SBR.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think any rifles are allowed to be carried.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not 100% sure but I think you're OK. Fl CCW let's you carry just about any weapon concealed including autoknives and OC spray. I dont recall any mention of SBRs not allowed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
My local PD said it was okay but I'm afraid to gamble on something that might be interpreted differently from one officer to the next.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm fairly sure that it is legal. Just make sure you keep it concealed and your paper work with you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Whatcha plannin on carrying?
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I seem to remember something saying that you cannot carry anything class 3.  I may be wrong.

What are you planning on carying?
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 1:01:02 AM EDT
[#7]
It is legal, but I have to ask....  Why?
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#8]
'cause pistols are for pussies i would guess..

At least that was my reasoning.  I was planing on getting a Serbu Super Shorty for concealed carry useage.  That is until I discovered just how impossible it is to get a form 4 signed in Palm beach county.  Could go the Corporate route, but haven't the slightest idea how to go about forming one.

But thats something for a different thread..
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:24:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I was thinking of getting an uzi shoulder rig if it'll work with a Krinkov SBR.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe that law states that with CCW permit, it is leagal to carry ANY weapon leagal to own.
Could be wrong tho.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That is until I discovered just how impossible it is to get a form 4 signed in Palm beach county.  Could go the Corporate route, but haven't the slightest idea how to go about forming one.

But thats something for a different thread..

I live in Palm Beach Country too....and I know of a legal way around the CLEO signature & incorperation. IM me if you would like to hear about it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:36:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Do you have a way to do it in Dade County?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#13]
FS 790.06 (1) "For purposes of this section, concealed weapons/firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun knife, or bille, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in 790.001(9). "  

It seems there is a gray area here handguns are allowed and machine guns are prohibited but no mention of the SBR SBS and AOWs. Any other ideas on this?

The way the law seems to be written it would seem to not allow carry of any firearm other than the "handgun" because the term firearm is redefined in the CCW statue seperate from the chapter 790 general definitions.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#14]
A krink on a shoulder rig for CCW. Lets for arguement sake say  you were good to go legally.

I'd like see you conceal that in summer. Trench coat, sport coat, or jacket?  Gee i bet no one will wonder what the hell that bulge is. You must have one hell of a taylor b/c there is no off the rack coat that will allow for the take up of that size firearm without being too large in every other area.
 Something else to think about. You are responsible for the bullet until it stops. Think you could accurately hit your target rocking it off a shoulder rig? That "pop" you just heard was reality letting the air out of your balloon. Enjoy the rest of your day there Neo.

J
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:07:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Got a Serbu and I love it but I would best describe it as a conversation piece. It has some uses backpacking camping or boating maybe even a car or truck gun but CCW is out way too heavy way too big.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A krink on a shoulder rig for CCW. Lets for arguement sake say  you were good to go legally.

I'd like see you conceal that in summer. Trench coat, sport coat, or jacket?  Gee i bet no one will wonder what the hell that bulge is. You must have one hell of a taylor b/c there is no off the rack coat that will allow for the take up of that size firearm without being too large in every other area.
 Something else to think about. You are responsible for the bullet until it stops. Think you could accurately hit your target rocking it off a shoulder rig? That "pop" you just heard was reality letting the air out of your balloon. Enjoy the rest of your day there Neo.

J

Entertaining, and all factors I'd already considered.  The issue of concealed SBRs still seems to be up to the interpretation of the individual LEOs.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Something else to think about. You are responsible for the bullet until it stops. a very ggod point  there aim4myhead
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Krink pistol, problem solved
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:04:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Krink pistol, problem solved

Sounds good to me. remove the fold down front grip on the Serbu and its not technically an AOW anymore, right? Plus since the Serbu has never had a buttstock attached, its not an SBS.

Making it a pistol.  only snag is the smoothbore.  gotta find a way to rifle that damned thing..

Where there is a will, there is a way (to skirt the law )
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:19:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top