Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2022 1:39:33 AM EDT
Have the opportunity to buy a legit PSG-1 kit built on a copes flat - no info on builder.  I don't even know a ballpark to offer on this.  It's a widow selling off her late husbands collection. Her family already ducked her hard by taking, without her consent, some of the most rare and valuable pieces.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
It's tough to price without specific details and/or pictures.  For instance... is it a "real" PSG1 barrel, or aftermarket.  Does it have the silent bolt closure?  Are the receiver stiffeners welded on?  Are the PSG1 scope tabs welded on, or does it just have a rail welded to the receiver.  The trunnion should be a long style, not a short one with an extension.  Is the stock a PSG1 stock, or one of the Magpul stocks that looks similar.  Is it a PSG1 trigger group? Hensoldt PSG1 scope?  Is it a PSG1 bolt and carrier or a HK91 bolt and carrier.  There are way too many variables that can have a huge factor in value.

Link Posted: 11/20/2022 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Unknown builder is a big factor...there were at one time...replica parts...

A legit PSG1 trigger just sold for 1600...but many mistake some set triggers as PSG1...

There were and are replica barrels available...

Without seeing pics and more details...I wouldnt really be able to help you...

If you are after the PSG1 look...than there is some extra value there...getting the look is hard enough let alone all the small parts...

Link Posted: 11/20/2022 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#4]
A real deal HK psg1 would be cool as a collector, but a parts gun....meh.  I'd as soon spend the money on a kac or gap10 that will outshoot the psg1 on any day.  What were the psg1, 1moa on a good day with handloads?
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What were the psg1, 1moa on a good day with handloads?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Do you work on roller lock guns?  Would be nice to know for future purposes :)
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you work on roller lock guns?  Would be nice to know for future purposes :)
View Quote

I do, but I'm only taking in AR15 work right now... I  just don't have enough time.

Link Posted: 11/20/2022 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd expect to pay a lot. Maybe not the $10K plus like a real deal one. But a lot more than a regular HK91. Crap even the regular HK-91's are going for a lot these days looking on GunBroker. So maybe $7-8K I'd guess if it's built on a German HK91 gun with all correct German PSG-1 parts.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How do you know it is a legit psg-1 kit?

Even if it was, it is a parts kit build on a flat, not an original gun and I dont see it being much more valuable than a psg-1 build with current new priduction repro parts.  If you dont know the builder, you really are just buying parts as it may not be headspaced or run correctly.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
True.  Going off the order invoice from where it was ordered and trusting that it was advertised and sold as what it says it is.

And yeah I basically value all parts kits builds as the value of the parts kit only. The receiver is ancillary and not to be trusted until proven otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What were the psg1, 1moa on a good day with handloads?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/111652/Screenshot_2022-11-20_9_03_36_AM_png-2607333.JPG

Yep, I stand corrected.  Not by hk claim, but by a couple independent sources.  I was thinking I had read they were accurate, but 1moa-ish was the norm.  I must be thinking about another SASS.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unknown builder is a big factor...there were at one time...replica parts...

A legit PSG1 trigger just sold for 1600...but many mistake some set triggers as PSG1...

There were and are replica barrels available...

Without seeing pics and more details...I wouldnt really be able to help you...

If you are after the PSG1 look...than there is some extra value there...getting the look is hard enough let alone all the small parts...

View Quote

It's really not that hard to make a sub MOA DRLB gun, all it takes is a good barrel, optics and trigger.  I have two Cetme's that shoot sub MOA with handloads.  Imagine what a big company like H&K could do with tons of money and reputation at stake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top