Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if I'll have time to get it mounted up tonight.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Got the MRO and low profile MFI mount for my SP5.
Moved the SRO with the RMR rear sight replacement over to the SP5k PDW. They're a better fit. Love it. Highly reccomended

SP5
SP5k PDW
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, that didn't work out.

I knew the BT 10266 was only for "Aimpoint Micro and similar footprint" and I tried to confirm that the "standard mount" that came with the T-2 and Comp M5 were the same since they used the same mounts with no luck.  I'd never seen the "standard mount" before since I always bought them without mounts.

Well, they must be different.  The standard mount that came on the Comp M5 won't work with this tiny rail.  Guess I'll have to use a T-2.  I guess buying another Comp M5 is never a bad thing.  I really prefer the Comp M5 but can get by with a T-2 for sure.

The BT mount install wasn't nearly as hard as I had read, it wasn't a tight fit at all.  The little feet carry a much larger gap on the ejection port side which alarmed me at first but I confirmed all was level and I guess that's just the way it works.  It is a very minimalist and non-obtrusive mount though, which is what I wanted.

Off to find a T-2 with "standard mount" in stock somewhere.......
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Got the T2 mounted up.

It is remarkably low, probably as close to absolute cowitness as is possible.

That being said, the top of the hood is annoying.  Definitely usable though.

Supposedly the taller B&T mount (8.5mm higher) puts the dot right in the top of the hood.  To completely clear it you'd need a retardedly high mount.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Any pics available?  I was just looking at this tonight.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

There are multiple pics on page 1 showing the B&T/Aimpoint microdot setup.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is the sight picture with the botach mount and micro h1.  Like I said I used the v notch rear sight to clean up the sight picture a bit.  The front sight is perfectly in the middle.  I think this is the lowest possible you can get currently.  The front post doesn’t obscure the dot at all.  Great setup for the Mp5 if you want a dot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Went ahead and added a Magpul handguard too as I'm going to attempt to figure out a light solution with one of my REINs.

Then to find a sling with a standard rear strap to go through the B&T swivel but with a claw on the other end to go through the eye at the front of the SP5.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I put an Aimpoint Comp M5 on mine.....not crazy about how big it is

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here is the sight picture with the botach mount and micro h1.  Like I said I used the v notch rear sight to clean up the sight picture a bit.  The front sight is perfectly in the middle.  I think this is the lowest possible you can get currently.  The front post doesn’t obscure the dot at all.  Great setup for the Mp5 if you want a dot.
https://i.imgur.com/VEKIWvS.jpg
View Quote

I run a H2 on a BT low mount. Looks like my dot is just a hair over the height of yours. Never occurred to me to run the castle rear sight to obscure less of the sight picture. Does anyone else do this?
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 6:09:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:I run a H2 on a BT low mount. Looks like my dot is just a hair over the height of yours. Never occurred to me to run the castle rear sight to obscure less of the sight picture. Does anyone else do this?
View Quote

Yes, I do. I use the standard Sp5k castle that originally came with the SP5 and I say that after running the standard Mp5 circle diopter for a while.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes.  My rear sight does not obscure my dot because it is in my parts box under my desk
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#14]
The iron sights on the MP5 are pretty awesome, but a good dot is absolutely faster.

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:45:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I like red dots.
PowerShot P5 with registered Flemming sear.
MFI mount, MRO.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The iron sights on the MP5 are pretty awesome, but a good dot is absolutely faster.

https://i.vgy.me/KmIFKt.jpg
View Quote

Love the look of this!!  Man that takes some guts to cut the front sight post on a SP5!
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Love the look of this!!  Man that takes some guts to cut the front sight post on a SP5!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.vgy.me/KmIFKt.jpg

Fuck it. You only live once. Would 100% do it again. It gives you such a nice site picture. I have been using this for USPSA pistol caliber carbine division for the last year or so now and I really dig it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm sick of the sight picture with the iron sights in the picture so ordered a 39mm spacer to boost the T2 over the hood.  Looking forward to trying it out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm trying out the T2 on my 9CT - It sits on the Spuhr HRT mount @ 41mm height. I cannot see the front sight post at all.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Aimpoint CompM5 on a KAC RAS is what I run and I really like this setup

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:The standard mount that came on the Comp M5 won't work with this tiny rail.
View Quote

@762AR25   do you have any pics? Why won’t it fit? Was thinking about buying this exact combo. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

@762AR25   do you have any pics? Why won’t it fit? Was thinking about buying this exact combo. Thanks.
View Quote

The horizontal slot is in a position that won't allow the mount to clamp to the rail.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I think so

SP5 with MRO
SP5k-PDW with SRO

ETA - lol I didn't realize I had already posted these in this thread
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I personally don't run optics on any of the MP5s I have owned.  For me the sights are perfect and more than adequate for shooting within 50 yards which is the most you'll likely be doing with the platform.  If I was going to put an optic on it, though, I'd probably just throw something like an RMR on it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't not put an optic on mine, its too smooth shooting to not push to it's full potential.

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:01:21 AM EDT
[#26]
MUCH better with the riser.  Only downside is the irons are just for looks now.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I personally don't run optics on any of the MP5s I have owned.  For me the sights are perfect and more than adequate for shooting within 50 yards which is the most you'll likely be doing with the platform.  If I was going to put an optic on it, though, I'd probably just throw something like an RMR on it.
View Quote

I tend to agree.

Osprey21, I believe, suggested tritium front sight replacement as a solid option for the MP5. Though I haven't gotten around to it yet, I think that's the direction I'm going for exactly the reasons you stated.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Imagine the possibilities if there were no front sight assembly to work around.  What if you mounted your dot aft of your ejection port so you can hit the cocking handle every time?  What if you divorced yourself of the word "co-witness" so you can mount your dot at whatever height is best for your purposes?  What if your secondary sight was always ready at the familiar 45 degree offset rather being obscured by a failed optic that needs to be removed before use or struggle to see thru?
View Quote
MP5KA1.  Put a low dot on it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine the possibilities if there were no front sight assembly to work around.  What if you mounted your dot aft of your ejection port so you can hit the cocking handle every time?  What if you divorced yourself of the word "co-witness" so you can mount your dot at whatever height is best for your purposes?  What if your secondary sight was always ready at the familiar 45 degree offset rather being obscured by a failed optic that needs to be removed before use or struggle to see thru?
MP5KA1.  Put a low dot on it.

https://dwsuk.org/WebRoot/Store15/Shops/057184c7-2fa2-4321-880c-a30e87657239/543B/BADB/C00F/C7B5/C353/0A48/3539/EB1C/471961856629.jpeg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18978/MP5KA1_jpeg-2007293.JPG

This is what I did, chopped off the sights and running a taller optic. That MP5KA1 was the inspiration... I can always "convert" it to a lower optic with different or more traditional stock.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#30]
T2 with factory mount and 39mm riser

No cluttered sight picture, no neck straining.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't normally use anything but iron sights, but really like this setup every now and then..... Swarovski 1.5x14 ....."donut of death" reticle ....the low magnification lets me use it almost like an OEG / Singlepoint .... fast acquisition with both eyes open....

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I've thought about it, but I think I'm going to stick with irons for now.

I did add a tritium front, which was a huge improvement for me.

Link Posted: 7/15/2021 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#33]
I have ran a SP5 though a few club USPSA shoots with just the irons.

I am more accurate with the SP5 than my RMRed Glock.  Times are usually quicker on steel stages with the SP5 cause of less makeup shots and getting all alphas is not an issue.

A dotted SP5 would be faster, but the irons are not really a hindrance.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Irons for me.... can't beat the classic look either.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
T2 with factory mount and 39mm riser

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/453175/20210709_004522-2007537.jpg

No cluttered sight picture, no neck straining.
View Quote

I use a 39mm mount on the B&T low profile rail. It’s awesome. Very comfortable shooting as you mention.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Is there a mount for the k PDW that doesn’t have the pic rail right up against the charging handle? I’ve read lots of stories of people buggering their thumbs and fingers up pretty good locking the gun and hitting the front of the rail.

Also, does the scalarworks leap mount allow you to see the irons under the rds? I’ve never seen a pic of the irons looking under the leap mount
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#37]
All of the mounts will be close to the charging handle. The B&T and MFI ones are the least egregious that I've found.

Yes, that's one of the best advantages to the Scalarworks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Challenged a few of my roller-delayed friends to a 100 yard challenge last night. We were hitting 6" steel plates with 147gr subsonic ammo using my Aimpoint-equipped faux SD. I'm sure it's possible with irons, but the red dot surely made it easier.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I have B&Ts lowest mount with a bushnell micro dot on my full size SBR clone. It co-wittnesses with the iron sights. It is very fast. I will probably upgrade it to an Aimpoint one day. I do like the iron sights though. I have a K clone SBR that I dont plan to put an optic on as I like keeping it simple and the iron sights are pretty quick.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Currently mine uses a MFI low pro mount with a Scalarworks Aimpoint mount (1.57") and a T-1. I had a B&T mount with just the Aimpoint T-1 which worked great but with the raised optic I can more easily use the tension of the sling to shoot accurately without having to extend the stock.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top