Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2018 4:10:49 PM EDT
Is there a easy way (a tool maybe) to help disassemble the HK94/MP5 magazine?  Why the Germans make most everything so hard is beyond me.  
Maybe I'm doing something wrong -- could someone explain the procedure -- please.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a discussion on how to take them apart. It doesn't sound easy though.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-rookie-corner/67703-mp5-mag-disassembly.html
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]
It'd be easier with three hands or a tool. A tool with a short pusher rod and two tweezer-like arms for the spring tabs could probably be designed and fabricated to make it more-or-less a breeze, but none exists that I'm aware of, because it's not all that hard once you get the hang of it.

The procedure linked above is how I learned to do it, though - the kicker is that the spring baseplate (lockplate, in official nomenclature) that must be pushed up out of the way of the spring tabs in order to free them to be pushed in, in order to remove the magazine floorplate. The tabs won't move until that lockplate is pushed out of the way from below, and the floorplate won't come out until both those spring tabs are pressed in and disengaged. It doesn't help that floorplates typically fit very snugly, so it can be a little hard to remove them even with both tabs disengaged.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not too hard to figure out with your hands in the right place while using a cleaning rod rested against your mid-section to push the locking plate in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#4]
When I was doing several at the shop, I'd clamp a brass or plastic punch sideways in the vice and push the mag against it while releasing the tabs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#5]
A wooden chopstick makes an excellent, non-marring tool for this task.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have any arrendondo glock mag extensions they come with this tool.  
https://www.arredondoaccessories.com/collections/extensions/products/glock-0-mag-extension?variant=37744146125

I use that to press in the lock tabs and a punch to push retainer in and pry the floor plate out.

Works great on those damn POF mags that I have to bang on bench mat to get everything to reseat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top