Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 9:23:00 PM EDT
First of all I wasn't sure whether or not to post this here or in the NFA section but I'm looking at an MP5 on gunbroker and have a question.

The seller says that it is a registered S&H Sear that is married to the receiver.  I asked him for clarification and he said that the host is a two pin gun and that the form 4 says 'machine gun sear but the s/n for the host is on the paperwork.

I've never heard of a build like this and am looking for a sear to move around.  Does anyone have any insight on if the sear an host could be 'divorced'?

Thanks,
Tom
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a permanently married sear/receiver. With the push-pin trigger pack, I'm not sure you could register the host as an SBR to un-marry them. It's analogous to the M16 conversions where someone put the serial number on the auto-sear itself and drilled the third hole. You wouldn't be able to pull the sear out without having an un-registered post-86 machine gun (the lower with the 3rd pin hole).
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The sear can only be used in that gun. Unlike other sears that can be swapped from gun host to gun host.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
First of all I wasn't sure whether or not to post this here or in the NFA section but I'm looking at an MP5 on gunbroker and have a question.

The seller says that it is a registered S&H Sear that is married to the receiver.  I asked him for clarification and he said that the host is a two pin gun and that the form 4 says 'machine gun sear but the s/n for the host is on the paperwork.

I've never heard of a build like this and am looking for a sear to move around.  Does anyone have any insight on if the sear an host could be 'divorced'?

Thanks,
Tom
View Quote

I found the gun on gunbroker. That gun is a registered receiver. No movable sear.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I appreciate the help. I'll tell him I'm not interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top