Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2014 4:02:03 PM EDT
Hello.
I have recently purchased my first roller lock firearm - a lovely 9mm MP5 reverse stretched styled PDW made by Getz Firearms.

I am trying out different stocks with it - it originally came with a retractable stock - and have noticed that some come with buffers & others do not.

Seems like all the retractable stocks, regardless of mfg. comes with an H buffer installed. A2 stocks do not have a buffer. End caps/pistol caps well it starts to get confusing German made do not have a buffer while the US made ones do. B&T folding stocks also come with the buffer while the Blackthorne clones of those stocks do not.

I have just picked up a Blackthorne made B&T styled folding stock copy that the seller listed as a HK93 stock. I got it for dirt cheap ($50 shipped) & bought it since the real B&Ts were sold out everywhere & it will be a few months till they are in stock again.

Now the stock had some old epoxy in the cap where a buffer was previously glued in.

I do not want to damage or cause excessive wear on this firearm. Will it be fine without a buffer or should I mount a new one in? No plans (ahem, $$$ for) full auto & probably will not be using a suppressor with it. 115gr 9mm mostly.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The HK94/MP5 does not require a buffer in the stock.  The MP5 A2 stock also fits the HK93 which needs a buffer in the stock - hense the H-buffer.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Mount the buffer, OP.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
When in doubt...go with the buffer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top