Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 1:15:16 AM EDT
I seen this on ebay, can anybody tell me what  is on this scopes battery cover?
aimpoint thing
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Best that I can remember, that was a switch that would turn on the aimpoint when the flip cap was opened, so that once you set the brightness of the dot, then you can leave it and turn the sight on and off with the new switch. Someone used to sell these, I thought it was RGuns, but I looked and couldn't find them on their site.  I think the flip cap was supposed to be turned so that it would push the on button when it was deployed.  I have no idea if they worked or not.

Maybe someone who knows for sure will comment.

ARKAR
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#2]
sounds like a good idea... i just didnt know if it was some kinda tool for take down or something like that.  Ive never seen on and cant find anything else like it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Best that I can remember, that was a switch that would turn on the aimpoint when the flip cap was opened

That's exactly what it is.

http://www.dsarms.com/Aimpoint-CompSeries-Auto-On_Switch––-BTAIM/productinfo/BTAIM/

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#4]
awesome, thanks guys i own a couple aimpoint and now that thing, i cant believe its 60 bucks... oh well kinda cool dont really see why its needed with the good battery life but ill play with it.  and i got a mount for an mp5... guess i gotta win the lottery so i can get a gun to go with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top