Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 8:54:41 AM EDT
What is the skinny on the company.  Are the model 91 any good.  How would you rate them?  

I found a 91 at a local gunshop- it is marked

Interport Delta UT
Portugal
91AE0137

Is it worth anything?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Contract type rifle like the Greek. The ones I've seen were good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The receivers were made by FMP in Portugal and imported by Interport.

Interport then had SW install the cocking tubes, trunnions and, barrels. SW then sent them back to Interport for final assembly using mostly FMP parts kits.  The barrels are threaded with a pinned flash hider.

I'd say they're worth about $900ish for a nice specimen.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
So this is better then Cetme , worse then PTR ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Of the 3-4 Interport receivered guns I've handled - I'd take one before a PTR any day.
But as with any clone... YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Interport is /was AA OK

That’s what my gun is built on. I got the barreled receiver back in 2004 for $400.00 ( JLD receivers were $200 then…. if you could get one)

The gap was set wrong so I swapped a like new FMP barrel, kept the trunion for compliance (prove that one) and built it up with FMP parts.

These should be marked on the top of the receiver ( and very lightly to boot) Mine had blank mag wells so the smith duplicated the SN # there.

It’s been a great rifle. Holding bolt gap nicely. The parts are genuine. For these it comes down to the builder.

JR
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the paddle thing inbetween the magazine and the trigger?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

mag release.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked it up for $650.

I took it apart (and it comes apart very easly; the pins slide out effortlessly) and it has HK stamped bolt carrier and the HK style (not cetme) trigger group.  Plus, it has the drum sight.  It looks a hundred percent better then a Cetme.  It doesn't even look like it has been fired.  The name that is inscribed on it is very faint and not engraved or stamped very deeply.  It came with an Aluminum FMP magazine.

Strangely, I could not find any  letters or markings on the barrel.  I'll shoot this week end...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:48:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I picked it up for $650.

You stole it!  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah you got a great deal.

Quoted:

Strangely, I could not find any  letters or markings on the barrel.  I'll shoot this week end...

That would be the US barrel.

What is the bolt gap?

JR
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

mag release.

Looks like "Tach Latch II" I have one on my HK91. Worth every penny of the $50 I spent on it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top