Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2008 2:08:11 AM EDT
My search-fu is weak lately. maybe it's the lack of sleep....

anyway, i'm interested in picking up a P7 or P7M8 but I cant find any info on the differences between all the models other than the mag release.

thanks!
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 2:27:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 2:59:24 AM EDT
[#2]
that's about the best link i could find so far, but the site is a little lacking... more pics without explanation than anything.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 3:31:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 6:53:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My search-fu is weak lately. maybe it's the lack of sleep....

anyway, i'm interested in picking up a P7 or P7M8 but I cant find any info on the differences between all the models other than the mag release.

thanks!

P7-M8 has a larger trigger guard, a heat shield, and the mag release is up by the trigger guard.

The P7 has a smaller trigger guard, no heat shield, and the mag release in on the heel of the grip.

There are other subtle differences.  The barrels are slightly different, and the firing pin bushings are different.   The grip panels are different.  The M8 firing pin bushing sticks out a bit further than the one on the P7.  This makes it a little easier to remove the firing pin assembly without any tools.

Also... there are 2 types of heel mag releases on the P7.   One protrudes, and one is flush.   The grip themselves and the grip panels are slightly different between these two variants.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the P7 PSP for CCW.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Price is just a bit different also.  around 600 for a b grade PSP, and around 1200 for an m8.  Just a slight difference in price.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#7]
very cool. that's just what I needed.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I prefer the P7 PSP for CCW.

So do I. I am not a big fan of the larger trigger guard on the M8.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top