Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 7:06:07 PM EDT
Shooting vids from "the pit"

308 semiauto PTR91 fired by me
my friend Scotty shooting the PTR91

About 20 degrees and sunny today. Took a buncha guns up to a place called the pit.
Trigger on the PTR91 was pretty heavy but I could hit 100yd jugs and cans right out of the box, no sight adjustment. The M4 stock sucks ass for comfort while shooting. The little raised edge on the front of the slider is right where my cheek wants to be. I already have an A1 stock (complete) paid for and shipping Monday. The forend does have a small amount of play side to side. The tac grip on the forend needs to be moved back a few notches. I had a few FTF too. About 4-5 in 300rds. The mags were new aluminum ones and seated well so maybe newness of the gun. Whatever, it was a good day.

5.56x45 caliber AK74 bumpfiring

10 slugs, ouch!

COLT SP-1 AR15 being bumpfired

75rd drum dump
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Cool vids . . . . Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
So when you bump fire is the gun just bouncing off your trigger finger that you are holding solid? Looks like a lot of fun! Now I just have to figure out how to do it!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:30:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So when you bump fire is the gun just bouncing off your trigger finger that you are holding solid? Looks like a lot of fun! Now I just have to figure out how to do it!

It is basically hold your finger still and pull the gun forward against it. Pull the gun back so that your front arm is nearly parallel with your torso, that is the "spring" that maintains the bump.

Only takes practice bro, lol

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:34:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Bumpfire Academy  towards the bottom of the page.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:20:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Tag for home.  The Marine Corps internet has it blocked saying that there is provocative attire inside...even better!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:04:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Tag for home.  The Marine Corps internet has it blocked saying that there is provocative attire inside...even better!

ok cool, I promise the only thing "steamy" in the vids is the handguards after the drum dump. lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top