Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:56:08 PM EDT
Well with Marty Yewer's help from Shockwave Weapons, I think I've found a solution for the recoil problem these rifles have. It involves buying an HK-33 stock with metal backplate, a Buffer Technologies recoil buffer and an HK-21/23 buttpad. I installed these on my 52 and tried it out for the first time yesterday and the difference was amazing. Not only was the rifle fun to shoot, it didn't beat the hell out of my shoulder. I know we shouldn't have to pay for  the extra cost involved in getting these parts to make the rifles better, but if some of you want to actually have a descent rifle then this is the best way to go.

I also noticed one other thing about mine. It will feed perfectly from the tight fitting Polish synthetic mags but will have a few problems with looser metal one's. So if you have a mag and it has the least bit of wobble in it then more than likely you'll be experiencing some ftf's. Keep that in mind.

Finally, I want to personally thank Marty for all the e-mails and help he gave me. He actually posted a topic concerning his modifications on HKPRO but it was immediately deleted by the mods over there. Luckily I was at the right place at the right time to read it and without that post and his help, I wouldn't be as pleased with my SW-52 as I am right now.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet.  I've owned two of those but changed up my collection and let 'em both go.  I'd pick one up again if I could.  Glad to hear that yours is running 100%.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
How reliable is your gun with the synthetic mags, 100%?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:38:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How reliable is your gun with the synthetic mags, 100%?

Yep. They fit tight and that's what the rifle needs to function reliably. Any wobble in the mags and it will fail to feed.

And since it seems to have become a nice shooter now, I think the SBR route is soon to follow.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Jim glad to hear your getting your 52 set up to your liking!  Drop me an E-mail or post here where you picked up those parts.  The polish plastic mags works best in mine as well, the hungarian 20 rounders work pretty good too, but I had to cut some material off of the mag catch on them.  Mine has already been SBR'd.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Jim glad to hear your getting your 52 set up to your liking!  Drop me an E-mail or post here where you picked up those parts.  The polish plastic mags works best in mine as well, the hungarian 20 rounders work pretty good too, but I had to cut some material off of the mag catch on them.  Mine has already been SBR'd.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/CIB/The%20Armory/SWSBR.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/CIB/The%20Armory/Fall2005GunPics006.jpg

I got the stock from Gordon Miller, [email protected], the buttpad from Adam Webber, [email protected], and the buffer directly from Buffer Tech. I posted this on HK54.com and Todd said that the Buffer Tech will allow the spring and rod to over extend itself and it's not a good idea to have. I looked at it last night and with the bolt carrier all the way back touching the buffer, the spring will be into full compression but I didn't see it go past that. He also said that there's a two stage buffer in the works and it should be ready in a few months. Even if the buffer doesn't work out, I still think the stock and buttpad are a good idea and the buttpad is a necessity in either case.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't find the recoil on my SW52 to be much different from my pal's V53 which was on hand the same day.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:27:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I didn't find the recoil on my SW52 to be much different from my pal's V53 which was on hand the same day.

Maybe you've got one that was mfg'd later?  Mine is'nt viscious recoil, but a tad more than my SAR-1.  The recoil of the 52 is substantially more than my V93 or my AR, though there is a weight ratio difference as well, that would have to be factored in.

Jim, thanks for the heads up on this, I've been working down in LA, and have'nt had time to keep up with the goings on in the real world.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:41:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe you've got one that was mfg'd later?  Mine is'nt viscious recoil, but a tad more than my SAR-1.  The recoil of the 52 is substantially more than my V93 or my AR, though there is a weight ratio difference as well, that would have to be factored in.

Jim, thanks for the heads up on this, I've been working down in LA, and have'nt had time to keep up with the goings on in the real world.

No problem. I'd like to have a nice shooter instead of an un-wanted child relegated to the back of the safe and I'm trying anything I can to get it to work right. With this solution, I finally had a smile on my face for the first time so maybe there is hope for us afterall.

Accomplice, prior to these modifications shooting this rifle left a bruise on my shoulder that can only be compared to one I had shooting a shotgun with 00 buckshot. The recoil was that hard and I didn't shoot it again until this past Saturday, almost a year later. If you can take the recoil of this rifle in stock version, I give you props because your shoulder must be made out of stone dude.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:43:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm firmly in the 'excessive recoil sucks' camp along with you guys.  I didn't have much fun shooting Century CETMEs because of the recoil.  I got one of the first SW52s and when I took it to the range my pal had a V53 along.  I didn't notice much difference.  I guess I just got some magical, prefectly constructed SW52 or something.  The gun isn't light so I'm not sure why the 7.62 in a SW52 kicks any more then a lighter AK would but most owners say it is harsh.

I did just order a V51 pistol which will be SBR'd so I'll be feeling your pain soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top