Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 7:45:50 PM EDT
Who makes a 10mm MP5 type clone that's relaible and since I'm in IL... how does it look with a fake can?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Vector Arms

Vector Arms 10mm
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Try Vector Arms

Vector Arms 10mm

Haha. Hahaha. Hahahahaha.   No.

I don't mean to sound rude. But the Coharie arms MP5 that Vector sells (but does not assemble) and the word "reliable" need not be in the same sentence until a particular somebody learns the value of quality control, or they start actually being assembled by Vector.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:08:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately I think Vector Arms is your only alternative right now.  (Well, in theory I think ORF offers one for $6,000+ and Murray Urbach (?) can make one for you for $10,000+).   As the proud owner of a Vector in 10mm I can tell you that at present they are not reliable.  Mine had 28 FTE in 30 rounds, then the bolt hold open device broke.  Sent it back to Vector, who sent it back to Cohaire, where it is supposedly being made to run right.  Vector has been pretty good so far - paid for me to ship it back to them.

If you do a search on the various boards you will see that I'm not alone in having problems.  I'm aware of at least a couple of other people who have had similar issues.

Bear in mind that these guns are bascically being reverse engineered from scratch.  Hopefully Cohoire and Vector will eventually be able to sort out all the issues, but right now a lot of these guns seem to be having problems.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#4]
The best advise I can give you is....... SW receiver(soon to be Vector) + German MP5 40 parts kit + talented gun smith = you will pay a few hundred more, but you will have a great gun in the end!

My 40 runs great!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Since you asked about how an MP5/10 looks with a can here is a pic you might find of interest.  

The weapon in the foreground is a MP5/40 with a Gemtech Raptor can and the other one is an MP5/10mm with a Knight Industries 10mm can.  Both weapons were done by Terry Dyer on push pin register receivers along with demilled parts sets for the MP5/40 and the MP5/10mm.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/357749.JPG

I just realized the pic I posted one can not see the can on the .40 cal, so here is another one.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/357724.JPG
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Since you asked about how an MP5/10 looks with a can here is a pic you might find of interest.  

The weapon in the foreground is a MP5/40 with a Gemtech Raptor can and the other one is an MP5/10mm with a Knight Industries 10mm can.  Both weapons were done by Terry Dyer on push pin register receivers along with demilled parts sets for the MP5/40 and the MP5/10mm.

www.hunt101.com/img/357749.JPG

I just realized the pic I posted one can not see the can on the .40 cal, so here is another one.

www.hunt101.com/img/357724.JPG

More!!!  More pics!!!  Feed the HK Addicts...

I just sent my SW receiver, HK MP5/40 kit, and 10mm barrel off to Jayson at IGF to become a 10mm pistol.  I'll post pictures when I get it back in say May or June...

Spooky
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to do one in .357 sig but cant find the receiver!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I got one of the Vector 40 cals that Jayson at IGF has right now.  It was ok.  But it did have issues.  Like the BHO device breaking off.  I went into it knowing it wouldn't be 100%.  Thanks to Adam Webber and Jayson I should have a nice 40 cal clone when it's finished for somewhere around 3500.  All the real HK 40 cal parts that I got from Adam should remedy any problems it had.  And Jayson is replacing the crappy fake can with an IGF made one that resembles the Gemtech Raptor that is posted in the above pics.  Beautiful weapons you have there by the way.  And I second the more pics post.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]
If you can buy one of these DOC 94s which were recently released you would come out alot better than buying a problematic clone. It would require a larger investment but it would be worth it in the long run.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:Haha. Hahaha. Hahahahaha.   No.

I don't mean to sound rude. But the Coharie arms MP5 that Vector sells (but does not assemble) and the word "reliable" need not be in the same sentence until a particular somebody learns the value of quality control, or they start actually being assembled by Vector.

I've only seen one Vector/Coharie 10mm, and it runs 100% out of the box. YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you can buy one of these DOC 94s which were recently released you would come out alot better than buying a problematic clone. It would require a larger investment but it would be worth it in the long run.

Not if you want something other than a 9mm.  I already have a 9mm, so for the money this is the cheapest and best alternative.  Clones generally always have issues that you can resolve with the right combination of HK parts added.  Jayson Cotter at IGF has a great reputation for getting clones up to HK standards functionally.  Actually I'd say Jayson's welds are way above HK standard.  But that's just my opinion.  I wouldn't waste my money on an OFR conversion.  And anywhere over the 6 grand mark is more than I care to spend at the moment.  When it's not ,an HK10/40 conversion is definitely at the top of my list though.  I just don't have 6G minimum to spend on a gun at this moment though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#12]
The push-pin registered receivers belonging to MP5-357Sig as pictured above started out as
9mm HK94s.  They were later converted to their respective calibers using German HK parts.
So yes, you do have options for calibers other than 9mm- they're  just a good bit more expensive than the clone options..
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#13]
It is a sad day when people can spend $1300-1500 on a clone and then PLAN to send it off to a gunsmith to get it to work right...  

Spooky
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#14]
edman99

I would like to clarify something I forgot to mention when I posted the pic of the three MP5s.
The weapon in the foreground with the SF trigger group was not done on a registered push-pin receiver.  It is a .357 Sig done by Murray Urbach from an HK 94 and a .40 cal. demilled parts set and subsequently registered as a short barreled rifle.  To the best of my knowledge, and if anyone knows of others I would appreciate your letting me know, Terry Dyer was the only smith who did RR push-pin MP5s in .40 cal and 10mm.  He did one batch of 7 weapons -- 5 in .40 S&W and 2 in 10mm.  After that he stopped doing them.

This begs the question, why did he stop?  I believe the folks in Washington changed their collective minds about continuing to approve the paperwork for these weapons.  That is why the ones you see now are all semi-auto weapons with long barrels, registered as SBRs or have a registered sear in them.  None are registered receivers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The push-pin registered receivers belonging to MP5-357Sig as pictured above started out as
9mm HK94s.  They were later converted to their respective calibers using German HK parts.
So yes, you do have options for calibers other than 9mm- they're  just a good bit more expensive than the clone options..

Yup just a bit. lol  And I had thought you meant just get the 94 and be done with it.  My apologies.  If you can find a parts kit that doesn't have the magwell cut down the middle and get one of the DOC 94's then you could probably get a nice one done by Jayson at IGF for around 4500 or so.

But I would be calling Gordon this moment if I all of a sudden had the cash for the real HK ones that Murray does.  If you have the 10 grand definitely call Gordon Miller and get one of the Urbach ones.  

But if your looking for a cheaper alternative the 40 cal Cohaire would be your best bet.  Just prepare to have the bolt hold open to crack in half and fall off.  With standard loads mine shot well.  Oh and the rear sight base and the scope mount are welded on canted on the Cohaire's.  Just one of the many reason's mine is at IGF.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:Haha. Hahaha. Hahahahaha.   No.

I've only seen one Vector/Coharie 10mm, and it runs 100% out of the box. YMMV.

Wow, they got one out that works? I'm impressed.  
Sarcasm aside, that's 100% reliability you've seen.

If I include the one you've seen that works with the four that are in / have graced my clique that don't , reliability falls to 20%... which is a whole lot better than that 0% reliability I've seen.
But , to be fair, one runs great... just broke it's BHO on the first range trip.

So yes, you're right. Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:47:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

My apologies.  

Oh and the rear sight base and the scope mount are welded on canted on the Cohaire's.  Just one of the many reason's mine is at IGF.

No problem 6banger

I find that to be amazing!! Did you happen to take any pics of those problems before sending it to IGF?

BTW:

Thanks for the clarification MP5-357Sig.  Thanks for showing us those real beauties.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#18]
No I didn't want any evidence that I ever owned such a poorly crafted weapon. lol  Actually I took it out to the range once to find out what it needed and shipped it out to Jayson almost immediately.  The magwell lips were all screwed up also.  Jayson is going to fix that mess as well.  I'm also going to get rid of the SW FBI SF pack and replace it with real HK.  The list is long.  But for the price it will be a great gun when I get it back from Jayson.  Not a Urbach conversion but I'll at least be proud to say I own such a nice looking well built weapon.  Just have to get it completely rebuilt to get it that way.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
No I didn't want any evidence that I ever owned such a poorly crafted weapon. lol  Actually I took it out to the range once to find out what it needed and shipped it out to Jayson almost immediately.  The magwell lips were all screwed up also.  Jayson is going to fix that mess as well.  I'm also going to get rid of the SW FBI SF pack and replace it with real HK.  The list is long.  But for the price it will be a great gun when I get it back from Jayson.  Not a Urbach conversion but I'll at least be proud to say I own such a nice looking well built weapon.  Just have to get it completely rebuilt to get it that way.

Want to sell that SW FBI SF pack?  I'll buy it
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Sure I'll sell it to you.  It may be a few weeks before I get it back from Jayson though.  Just shoot me an email at Soloist1 at jcfmembers.com
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok cool, I just emailed you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone looking for MP5/10 parts there is an entire kit for sale over on Sturmgewehr.com.  A3 version for $1650 which is cheaper and easier than getting an MP5/40 then finding a 10mm barrel...

Spooky
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top