Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2005 6:01:21 PM EDT
I see three companies listed for HK clones/rebuilds(?).  

Vector
JLD
Vulcan
Bobcat

I read every thread in this forum and Googled the hell out of this topic, and have found very little info.  I did see some less than favorable comments on Vulcan, but that's it.  Vector has a pretty good reputation for their AK's, also.

I am looking for a SUPER dependable rifle.  I don't care about "finishing" marks and uneven blueing.  I am undecided on caliber.  It's either .223, and I sell my AK.  Or, 9mm (and made SBR), and add it to my Sig and AK.    I will most likely add an optical sight to the HK, probably an AimPoint, like my AK.  These are for SHTF use.

I would appreciate your input.  I am new to HK firearms.

Thanks

Roy
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
A Vector or JLD should be ok.  A Vulcan will probably blow up in your face.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I got to handle one of the JLD HK's in my local fun store Saturday, I must say I was pleased...it was quite nice!
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Vulcan = Hesse, nuff said! Plus Hesse is blow back and not roller block action!
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A Vector or JLD should be ok.  A Vulcan will probably blow up in your face.

So, you're a little undecided about Vulcan?

Roy
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Actually, I'm afraid that's not enough said.  I have no idea what you're talking about.  I'm an HK newbie.  If you could elaborate, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Forgot about Bobcat.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Hesse Arms had a reputation for shoddy construction, particularly AKs but their AR guns might have had some problems, you will have to check archives on "Hesse" and google it for more info. Ask on the AK forums about Hesse. They started a new company called Vulcan Armament.  Same people, though.  Not a good forecast.

Bobcat is a clone maker closely affiliated with Special Weapons.  

SW has a reputation for being relatively fast to make a gun, but they often need some work.   SW is a major maker of clone parts, and receivers. These parts are used by almost all the clone makers in this country because nobody else has many US made parts for the US parts count. SW is responsible for the Vector receivers in the V53 guns which are regarded as good guns by and large, and also responsible for a stamped US made receiver for MP5 clones. The latest group of guns SW has shepherded is the Coharie Arms MP5/10 and MP5/40 clones sold by Vector. Hit or miss with these, but as time goes on they will probably be made to work by the good smiths out there willing to work on them.

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I'm afraid that's not enough said.  I have no idea what you're talking about.  I'm an HK newbie.  If you could elaborate, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks

They are all blow back.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll I got to say is I love my JLD PTR91K.......damn fine gun, I have 6 real HK's and I have no problems owning the JLD.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Stay FAR away from Vulcan and Bobcat...
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I would disagree.  My Bobcat that I got from Atlantic runs great.  I did have one or two FTF but that was my fault.  I like to hold on to the mag well while shooting and the time or two that I had a problem was from me pulling on the mag and not having it seated properly.  When I shoot holding the foregrip, I never have any FTF's.  I have about 800rds through mine now.  The Bobcat is in my opinion a very nice weapon.  It is a lot less money than an hk94 but it is still pricey.  If you want a cheaper 9mm look at an oly 9 (I have one of those too) but I wanted an MP5 clone  that I could SBR.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Never had a problem with my BW-89 nice little pistol.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Stay FAR away from Vulcan and Bobcat...

So whats your experience with Bobcat?  Read about it on the internet?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
JAYNBOOM
Please feel free to call us and we can go over the pros & cons to each rifle, please mention your AR15.COM membership.

Thank you Atlantic Firearms,llc

Thanks for the feedback.  I will contact Atlantic for the sale, if I move forward.  Your reputation on the boards is excellent.

Roy
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 3:28:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:39:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I talked with Blaine from Atlantic the other day about a PTR91K.  Seems like a real stand up guy.  I wouldn't order one the these guns from anyone else.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Vector built HK33. The only think on the gun that is american is the receiver. It came with a Powder coat finsih that melted off the first time I shot it. Vector redid the entire gun in park Gun-Kote and it is now flawless. A few people have complained about out of spec stamped 93 receivers but mine is correct.

I would buy one again with no problem.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I think the Vector guns have to have at least 10 US parts to comply with one of those 922 laws.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think the Vector guns have to have at least 10 US parts to comply with one of those 922 laws.

If you have a registered sear they don't.

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Or if it is an SBR you don't either.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I just recieved my PTR 91, and I must say it is a nice, heavy piece - just like it should be.

Atlantic was very smooth to deal with, answered all my questions when trying to figure out which model to buy, they even gave me a call to let me know it shipped.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
JAYNBOOM
Please feel free to call us and we can go over the pros & cons to each rifle, please mention your AR15.COM membership. Here is a brief review

JLD PTR .308'S       Top quality,reasonable price, 2 year warranty

Bobcat   9mm  
      Top quality 9mm, lifetime warranty and not built  or owned by SW not matter what people say, however some parts are supplied by SW just like most HK US clones are >.Vector,Bobcat,Century Arms.

Vector .223,10mm,357,40cal    Top quality, 5 year warranty, guess what,, parts & design supplied by SW, so for everybody that want's to poo poo on Bobcat for SW parts you need to groan about Vector too.
Vulcan                   These have been a OK gun , we have had no major problems with them but they are not on the same level as Bobcat but offer a affordable alternative to the HK94 clones.

Thank you Atlantic Firearms,llc

Hold on! the vector .223 is a great gun!
but you might want to rethink the statement about the coharie 10 40 .357  top Quality I don't think so!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not sure if you're allowed to disagree with vendors...

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:55:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:59:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Atlantic was very smooth to deal with, answered all my questions when trying to figure out which model to buy, they even gave me a call to let me know it shipped.

+1!!  Great folks to do business with!  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Of course you can disagree with us , we are offering our opinion & you are welcome to offer yours, we just ask for people to post true facts and not re hashed gossip.As far as the Vector/ Coharie situation we have not had any negative feedback on the rifles they are backed up by a 5 year Vector warranty .If there are any problems with them we will even offer a 30 day money back guarantee .Thank You Atlantic Firearms,llc

Five year warrenty is great and everything but don't you agree that the gun should shoot right out of the box and not fall apart in your hands !
I asked Todd Bailey A simple striaght forward question and he blew up That was 75% of the reason I got a refund !
I truly wanted the gun and spent lots of money on mags, ammo and all the other acc. to go with it ! The gun sat a vector for 4 days and no one even looked at it probably because they had such a backlog of these to fix!
After spending 1500 dollars for a gun that was never test fired at the factory whats the point! it's no fun when it jams all the time ! I lost 75 dollars in shipping,transfer fees and ammo that was damaged ! if you would like a list and pictures of everything that was wrong I would be happy to send it to you!  I know of one gun that works and he replaced most of the parts with origanal hk. There should be  A 98 percent success rate not failure rate !  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Commando
We are purchasing  the rifles from Vector not Todd Bailey,Vector reps the rifles backs their warrantee etc and have been great to work with in the past.I must admit Todd is a colorfull character and we do not purchase anything from him directly.Who did you purchase the rifle from ? It does not sound like it was a Vector unit.

Don't get me wrong Vector has been very good to me on the v 53 I purchased from them and I'm very happy with it !
and I did purchase my mp5 .357 from vector as well and there were happy to refund my money less shipping transfer and ammo cost !

The problem is Todd's Rotten Hostile attitude !I asked him a simple straight foward question about the .357 he blew up banned me from his website cursed at me and called me a troll!
I refuse to be treated like this !
when I called vector after 3 days of  of not hearing from them the guy I talked to said that REX  was going to take a look at my gun in a couple of days and see if it could be salvaged ! (his words)  I spent 1500 bucks plus for this gun and now I have to wait and see if it can be salvaged Forget it !  I lost 75 bucks on the deal and plan on giving 75 dollars worth of bad advertising! I figure each post is worth 1 dollar What do you think!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Commando
I have to agree with you & your position 100%. In this situtation we would have covered the return ship charges to the factory .We feel the client should not have to go out of pocket for return ship on a product that does not work right out of the box.

Whenever I buy another HK clone, its coming from Atlantic
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#32]
todd does not equal blaine. got my bw from atlantic and am happy as a pig in shit! i had to wait a long time for bw to get it made but blaine kept me informed and answered all my questions and whines in a prompt, friendly manner! absolutely top-notch company to deal with. actually, bw was alwayds prompt and friendly as well, and their mp5k clone is just a super piece of machinery!

who said anything good about vulcan??? i had the opportunity to compare one of their mp5's side-by-side with a sw mp5 and the vulcan workmanship, if you could call it that, was so frigging horrible it looked like something that had been dug up from under a rock and dragged down 10 miles of rough road. absolutely horrible!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#33]
with atlantic's reputation for customer service and attitude here, I'd buy one without hesitating if I were in the market.....

also vectora s acompany, will not let you down.  I've had ONLY good dealings with them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#34]
one of these days a V93 is gonna follow me home.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I would buy a .357 sig mp5 pistol from you if you would guarantee it to run 100 % out of the box shooting speer gold dot 125 gr!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#37]
+1 for Blaine......Highly recommended...(purchased Bobcat 89) from him. Service was great.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
We offer AR15 discounts on all Vector rifles V93,V51 etc, please email us for a quote & mention your AR15.COM user name.Thanks Atlantic Firearms,llc

I SURELY will.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#39]
I like Blaine and I like Vector
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#40]
well, I just ordered my first HK clone ever, a basic PTR 91 from Atlantic, that decision was made on the overwhelming positive feedback in this thread and all the others I have searched here, I am looking forward to this one

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Commando
I have to agree with you & your position 100%. In this situtation we would have covered the return ship charges to the factory .We feel the client should not have to go out of pocket for return ship on a product that does not work right out of the box.

That is good enough for my buisness. I have been looking at some HK clones, your satement just got me off the fence. May pick one up for my B-day in June.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:08:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:08:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
On the base PTR 91F ,we would offer 3 units out to verified AR15.COM members $749 shipped if you would do a evaluation  & range report .Then make a post on this board so other members can determine if the PTR line fits their needs. If intersted please contact me and mention the PTR AR15 range report offer .Thank You Blaine Bunting / Atlantic Firearms,llc office 410 352 5183, email [email protected]

holy freaking cow that's a good price.....  raising cash as we speak.  trying SO hard to sell my UMP!!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
On the base PTR 91F ,we would offer 3 units out to verified AR15.COM members $749 shipped if you would do a evaluation  & range report .Then make a post on this board so other members can determine if the PTR line fits their needs. If intersted please contact me and mention the PTR AR15 range report offer .Thank You Blaine Bunting / Atlantic Firearms,llc office 410 352 5183, email [email protected]

WOW, great deal...Unfortunately I won't be able to do a eval 'til the spring thaw.  I am too lazy to do it in the dead of winter...Call me a tender foot I guess.  Too, bad as I just bought all those cheap mags.

FB
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#46]
are you guys gonna offer the new century yugo underfolders?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:09:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top