Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 7:51:38 AM EDT
I have an opportunity to get an original HK 91 and 93 from the original owner.  The 91 comes with a bpod and 6 mags, the 93 with 4 mags (both full stock, not collapsible).  All should be in excellent condition (I've purchased other stuff from him before, so I know the condition).  What's a fair price for the combo?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#1]
The going rates appear to be:

$1800-$1900 for the 91
$2400-$2500 for the 93

Others may chime in with different values.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#2]
If they are in good condition and are around the prices above, get it.  Go ahead and get them even if he asks for a little more than that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#3]
If it were me I wouldn't pay more than $4000 for the combo.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#4]
91s are plentiful at the prices mentioned. The 93s are somewhat harder to get. Fixed stock ones generally go 2100-2500 and the A3 stocked ones run 2500-2800 on average. 4000 for both would be a reasonable price for just the rifles with fixed stocks.(I would figure 1800 on the 91 and 2200 on the 93). If the guy can throw in more 93 mags that would really sweeten the deal. 93 mags are relatively expensive. The four mags the guy has are worth about 200 dollars  total if they are steel, so that makes a big difference.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all.  I'm going to offer him $3000 and go from there.  I'll keep ya'll posted.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a HK93 on Strum. last week for $1695 shipped!  
I feel the prices on German HK91's and HK93's will continue to slip.   The AWB sunset has made the pre-bans and the no-ban rifles virually the same.

With the Vector V93 for a little over a grand and the JLD PTR-91's for even less, alot of people are going this route and putting the savings into ammo.  

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:43:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw that rifle sell, in fact I think it sold on here. That guy put it on about 1000 too cheap and it sold in like 3 minutes.  I would have bought it if I could and resold it pretty easily in the 2400 range.There is always someone who will sell something for less than its worth but that doesnt mean prices are slipping. I agree the JLD guns are good, but the Vectors dont hold a candle to the German 93s. I think the values of original HKs will continue to go up. I collect older Winchester 1886s and when USRA came out with their jap made copies everyone said it would drive prices down. It had exactly the opposite effect. People bought these, got interested in them, then(being obssessive gun nuts like most of us are) had to have originals. The price of original 1886s has skyrocketed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There was a HK93 on Strum. last week for $1695 shipped!  
I feel the prices on German HK91's and HK93's will continue to slip.   The AWB sunset has made the pre-bans and the no-ban rifles virually the same.

With the Vector V93 for a little over a grand and the JLD PTR-91's for even less, alot of people are going this route and putting the savings into ammo.  

Good luck!

I have to disagree with you that German HK prices will continue to slip. They might level off, but they will never fall down to the price of the clones. Companies like Vector ,BW, JLD, ORF...... are building good clones at a good price. This is great for the average shooter who has always wanted a HK type rifle, but did not want to pay the huge price tag.

I think the HK market will be like the FAL market. DSA builds a rock solid FAL, and according to the gun magazines the DSA FALs shoot better than the original FN FALs. Yet, despite all the DSAs that are sold each year, and Imbel FALs etc.... the price of a factory FN FAL is still $2,500 to 3,000.

I think you are right Las Vegas HK that it will be harder to sell a HK today, because more people will buy a Vector V93 for $1,100 instead of a HK93 for $2,200. But there will always be the HK collector who wants the real thing.

That said if I ever get into HK NFA weapons I think I will buy HK clones to make into SBRs to operate auto sears. I just can not bring myself to cut up a factory HK.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I have found my Vector 93 to be on par with a HK 93 - the butt stock would be the area I see as not as good.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#10]

I think you are right Las Vegas HK that it will be harder to sell a HK today, because more people will buy a Vector V93 for $1,100 instead of a HK93 for $2,200. But there will always be the HK collector who wants the real thing.

That said if I ever get into HK NFA weapons I think I will buy HK clones to make into SBRs to operate auto sears. I just can not bring myself to cut up a factory HK.

Chris

If I had all the correct answers, I would be a rich person!  You bring up a good point about the FAL's.
My hunch is, right now people are buying H&K clones at a much higher rate.  The simple reason is, H&K clones appeal to average people who don't want to spent or can't afford to spend on the German originals.

Keep in mind, I own both H&K clones and German H&K's, I don't really want my German H&K to go down in price, but I have to be realistic too.  

JDL produces a great 99.9% HK91 at almost half the cost!  Vector produces a 95% HK93/53 at half the cost.  SW/BC also produce 90% MP5 at a third the cost!
Even at these reduced clone prices, we are still looking at $1000+.
Ask yourself, how many people can afford German HK 9x rifles at $1800 to $4000?!

If someone, ORF?, can produce a 99.9% MP5, just wait and see where the price of German HK94's go.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I think there were two different 93's at $1650, I saw both the ads.
But anyway, yeaah $2000 for a pristine one would be about it. Good point on the 93 mags, they are still the most expensive HK long gun mags.

I don't think the clones are going to affect the value of the German guns more than they already have. But I also don't think their value is going up a whole lot. A HK94 was worth about $3000 to $3300 five years ago, they're still selling in about that range.

I should have bought a Vector Uzi instead
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I paid 3K for my 93. it came from a dept. before it hit the shelves at the gun store. Some nicks & scratches on it. The gun is in about 88% apearance condition.

I paid that high cost for it about 5 years ago, reluctantly for a reason. the gun store agreed to let me pay for it in bits for about a 6 month period. i surely got ripped off no doubt, but they were the only ones with that lay away duration/program, i paid extra for that option.  oh well

Even so, that 93 is a work horse. who knows how many rounds were put through it before I bought it, lord knows I put lots through it. BUT!! It hums like a fine tuned machine. I LOVE THAT THING!!

knowing now what i didn't know then? hell yea i would've purchased one differently, but I still would've got one. THAT GUN ROCKS!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I paid 3K for my 93. it came from a dept. before it hit the shelves at the gun store. Some nicks & scratches on it. The gun is in about 88% apearance condition.

I paid that high cost for it about 5 years ago, reluctantly for a reason. the gun store agreed to let me pay for it in bits for about a 6 month period. i surely got ripped off no doubt, but they were the only ones with that lay away duration/program, i paid extra for that option.  oh well

Even so, that 93 is a work horse. who knows how many rounds were put through it before I bought it, lord knows I put lots through it. BUT!! It hums like a fine tuned machine. I LOVE THAT THING!!

knowing now what i didn't know then? hell yea i would've purchased one differently, but I still would've got one. THAT GUN ROCKS!!

That's too bad you got ripped off bud.  I think if you have been in the gun buying/selling/collecting hobby long enough, it's happened to pretty much everyone....especially the newbie.  I, many years ago, paid $2,000 for an FMP HK91 clone.....POST BAN, with a faux flash hider no less.  Live and learn I guess.  BTW, not to rub salt in your wound, but this past Labor Day weekend while checking out this little gun store in NH that appeared to be run out of a portion of the owner's house, I picked up a brand new/unfired HK93, with HK steel leg bipod, carry handle, one 25 rd. mag, and three 40 rounders.......all for $2,150.00......TAX FREE!!!!  Your right about the 93 being a work horse, as are all the HK rifles IMHO.  Simply put, they are superb weapons in just about every respect (except for the fragile, easily chipped baked on finish).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top