Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 5:31:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
B-b-b-but I thought making guns illegal meant no crime!

Why is a police man carrying an automatic submachinegun?

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, but still - police with guns in London?!

WHATEVER FOR?!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Another EOTech.

And a couple scoped 'F' varients.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#5]
We had an intern from London.  he said that most of the street cops, "Bobbies", don't carry.  They knock your teeth out when things get rough, though.  He said there is always a buch of guys ready with mp5's and the like when things demadn it.  Kind of like a fast response team.  I think post 9/11 era and with the current terror/public transportation situation over there, the mp5 guys are WAY more visible.

Besides the mp5 is the way to go....you could get carpal tunnel syndrome pumping 10 rounds into somebody in a train station.  :)  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeh I wonder why they are carrying guns around. I mean we all know that if your guns are banned you dont have shootings and you certainly dont need to cap anybody wearing large amounts of explosive devices. On that note all of their people should have to follow a new procedure. No one is allowed to shoot, stab, tackle, beet, or try to sell drugs to the man with the backpack bomb. In fact the first person that sees him with the button is not allowed to chill there and think "I wonder if this is going to hurt my ears" or "damn this is going to suck." No they will be required by law to scream as loud as they can and yell "bomb" and "run" and everyone is to safely run off. We all know this will work out much better for the citizenry and that the bomber will let the people that are not caught up in his debocal run away because he really wants a empty place void of people to strike his jihad.

I think not. I think their police should be armed, their citizens should be armed, and hell even those fat women that arnt really either, should all be armed. That way we can just assume that everyone is armed so someone will think twice about doing something stupid. Maybe someone might actually take the police officer sereusly when he says stop while they are running. Well if they didnt before they damn sure will now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Those MP5's are of the 8.87" variety.
You can see the 3-lug barrel if you look closely.

IMHO, those 15 round mags look just plain silly.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top