Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 3:02:00 PM EDT
I will be buying 6 new 93 mags in the next few weeks and wondered which were the most reliable and where to buy them from.  Are the steel 30's as good as the 25's?  These mags will be for export only if that helps.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, no opinions!  All I'm looking for is the most reputable dealers for mags since I can't just walk in to a gun show & buy them.  G3 mags are to be plentiful but few people seem to be selling the 93 mags.

Also, which mags have people had good experience with?  Of the mags available aluminium 40's seem most common but I have reservations about reliability.  I would prefer 25's or 30's.  Thanks for any feedback you care to give.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]

I got some HK93 magazines at a gunshow. They were still new. I paid $30-35 for the 40 rounders. They have all been flawless. The seller had them at $80+ for the last ten years and and finally just wanted to exchange them for dollars.

Eventually I expect to see them in the $10 range.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I got some HK93 magazines at a gunshow. They were still new. I paid $30-35 for the 40 rounders. They have all been flawless. The seller had them at $80+ for the last ten years and and finally just wanted to exchange them for dollars.

Eventually I expect to see them in the $10 range.

I don't think that you will ever see them in the $10 range. There are not as many of them out there like the 91 mags...

The cheapest I have seen them on the net or in Shotgun news was $38 a pop...

If they do get in the $20 range you better buy them up...
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know too much about HK 93 mags but I do know there is an adapter avaliable that allows it to take ar mags.( I can't rember the name)
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't know too much about HK 93 mags but I do know there is an adapter avaliable that allows it to take ar mags.( I can't rember the name)

You are right..there is an adapter....the guys over on HK Pro might know what that is...
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It's called the 'Hark System Magazine Adapter' and you can still get them.  Expect to pay around $120 for one.

Hark System Magazine Adapters;

Lee Hudson
M.A.D.I.
PO Box 41324
Phoenix, AZ 85080
(623) 581-2484
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey thanks for the response.  The adapter looks pretty good even at that price since it adds interoperability.  The only place on the net I've found with steel 30 rounders is Cal's sporting armoury at 62.10 ea.  DSA is selling ali 40's at 39.95 which doesnt sound too bad if you are paying mid 30's at gun shows.  Any idea how good these dealer are and the quality of their mags?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#8]
The people at Cals have their head's (my opinion) up their asses,I won't deal with them any more.

Vector Arms has steel factory 30rd mags for $48.00ea and 40rd for $40.00ea ($35.00 for 10 or more)

www.vectorarms.com/Accessories/HK_accessories.htm

Vectors customer service is second to none.

HTH
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:23:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I have three 30 round steel mags and four 40 round aluminum mags for my V93.  The aluminum mags fit the magazine well a little tighter than the steel mags.  The steel mags rattle a little when in the gun, which makes it hard to sneak up on my girlfriend's cat!

Both types of magazines seem to be fine.  I have noticed that the steel mags are causing a small burr to form on each side of the mag well where the little raised stampings hit the well.

I would think that if the M16 magazine adapter fit and functioned it would be the way to go.  I'm sure we all have a dozen or more M16 magazines laying around.  The adapter is about the same price as three HK magazines.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]

I don't think that you will ever see them in the $10 range. There are not as many of them out there like the 91 mags...

Remember it was just a few years ago when G3 magazine where pretty expensive too.  It has only been very recent when the prices have plumeted to $2.50 a mag.

There are quite a few HK33's out in the would to, not to mentioned the few HK53's out there.

You never know where the prices will go.  I could see $20 very easily though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Remember it was just a few years ago when G3 magazine where pretty expensive too.  It has only been very recent when the prices have plumeted to $2.50 a mag.

There are quite a few HK33's out in the would to, not to mentioned the few HK53's out there.

You never know where the prices will go.  I could see $20 very easily though.

You are right to a point...the only expensive G3 mags I would see at shops or shows was the steel 20's, alloy 20's were hovering around $12-15..before the current flood of the alloy ones...

But cannot ever remember a flood of 33/53 mags like the G3's...I'm hope I'm wrong...I want a Vector and I hope that the mags go down like the G3's have...
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the help.  You're right Osprey, Vector customer service is great.  Just got off the phone and they were most knowledgable & helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top