Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 5:14:57 PM EDT

Can anyone tell me how to adjust for windage on this Cetme? The rear sight obviously has no adjustment and the Century manual says the following, but I see no way to do this...

"The front sight is also adjustable for
windage. To make the rifle shoot to the right adjust the sight
post to the left of center. To shoot to the left adjust the sight
screw to the right of center. (The small screw on the front
of the sight base must be loosened before adjusting the
front sight post."

Thanks guys,
Cygnus
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Heres a hint,
Leave the philips screw holding the cocking tube  end cap on (the one you stripped to hell) and loosen the small flat head tip screw dead center just below the post on the front of the tower to adjust the front sight post.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
As you can see in the following pic it is NOT "stripped to hell" as you suggest. I did not remove the cocking tube end cap to try to adjust my sights!

That center screw will allow me to adjust the front post for elevation, correct? I'm looking for anyone's suggestion for making a windage adjustment.

Thanks,
Cygnus
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]
visit cetmerifles.com for the correct way to do it,

basically you losen that smallscrew DO NOT remove it,, get a site tool or make  your own,, the front site is anoffset post so as you turnit (eithe way) it will move up,,and to the left  or right,,or down to the left and right.

place the rifle in a vise at 25yrds,,, fire 3 shots, adjust,,fire 3 more,,adjust,,( small turns to get your left to right impact) 1/4 turns to move up and down and such,,,  keep shooting till you have a ""good group"" on your mark.. the rifle will then be ZERO'd to 200m
this is the correct way to site this rifle in,,,, if ya start turniing that screw yer  gonna mess it all to hell,,, again,,, visit perros site and gunboards fr8/cetme forum.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#5]
To add, group the rifle low and centered.  
Then a few strokes with a file on the post tip will raise the point of aim to raise the shot to be dead zeroed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top