Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 10:08:28 AM EDT
Guys,
   I'm planning on sending the paperwork in for SBR'ing my USC/UMP rifle.  I have a couple questions.....

1)  Would I be required to put my address down as the one I'm currently living or can I place my more permanent address where my parents lived and I grew up?   (I move a lot is the reason I ask this.)

2)  Does anybody know of a legal authority in the Austin Texas area (Travis County) that signes this type of paperwork without any kind of hassle?  It is, after all, a pretty liberal town.

Thanks for the help.

m.h.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to use your legal residence - where you are registered to vote, where you are licensed to drive, etc.  Do not use a false or someone else's address.  However, if your parent's place is your permanent address and you consider others to be temporary, you can use it...but your DL, tax returns, voters registration, passport, etc should reflect your parents/your permanent address.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
In regards to #2, if you plan on other NFA activities/purchases, you should just form an LLC.  That way you don't have to go through the hassle, and I think in Austin it is a hassle, of getting a signature every time you want to do something.

By the way, I am a Class III dealer in Houston.  When you are ready for your first suppressor give me a shout.  I travel to LaGrange frequently and will be glad to demo stuff for you.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You need to use your legal residence - where you are registered to vote, where you are licensed to drive, etc.  Do not use a false or someone else's address.  However, if your parent's place is your permanent address and you consider others to be temporary, you can use it...but your DL, tax returns, voters registration, passport, etc should reflect your parents/your permanent address.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.  So everytime I move, I have to supply my new address?  Bummer.  Well, thanks for the good info anyway.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
In regards to #2, if you plan on other NFA activities/purchases, you should just form an LLC.  That way you don't have to go through the hassle, and I think in Austin it is a hassle, of getting a signature every time you want to do something.

By the way, I am a Class III dealer in Houston.  When you are ready for your first suppressor give me a shout.  I travel to LaGrange frequently and will be glad to demo stuff for you.

Pazzo,
     Thanks for the info.  I assume, by LLC, you mean Limited Liability Corp?  Is it that easy to form a LLC?

And I will, eventually want to throw a suppressor on my USC/UMP or when I can get the money for ORF's 94 clone.  Which I hope they start producing in a year or so.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.  So everytime I move, I have to supply my new address?  Bummer.  Well, thanks for the good info anyway.

No, only if you move to another state.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, only if you move to another state.

OK, I'm trying not to sound completely stupid here.  SO, you're saying that as long as I stay IN TEXAS that I'm good to go.  That means, that if I move to another county, or city within Texas that nothing has to change in regards to my paperwork?  IE: I don't have to notify the ATF every time I move to another address?

Once again, I'm sorry if I sound redundant in asking these questions but I've never SBR'd a weapon before I want to make sure all my "Ts" are crossed and "Is" are dotted, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again for the great input.

M.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#7]
go here and learn:   www.subguns.com

Make sure and click on Danbrew's Forms and then Bardwell's law section.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top